The Student Room Group

Deloitte Scholars 2016

Who's applied and for what role, and how have you found the selection process so far?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KatieBee18
Who's applied and for what role, and how have you found the selection process so far?

Going to fill in online form tomorrow. I think I'm gunna choose either tax or consulting, wbu?
Reply 2
Original post by WinterApproaches
Going to fill in online form tomorrow. I think I'm gunna choose either tax or consulting, wbu?

I've applied for consulting at London.
Got through to the tests, which I passed so now is interview :s-smilie:

Good luck :smile:
Have you already applied for uni or did you just skip the university choices bit?
Reply 4
Original post by annafayeroberts
Have you already applied for uni or did you just skip the university choices bit?

I'm applying to uni in October 2015, so I put down what I know will be my choices and put the status as 'applied' since there wasn't an option of 'going to apply'
Original post by KatieBee18
I'm applying to uni in October 2015, so I put down what I know will be my choices and put the status as 'applied' since there wasn't an option of 'going to apply'

Ok thanks! I'll do the same.

Did you stick to bullet points for career motivation? finding it very hard to stick under 200 words
Reply 6
Original post by annafayeroberts
Ok thanks! I'll do the same.

Did you stick to bullet points for career motivation? finding it very hard to stick under 200 words

Yeh I did, mine was 198.
Reply 7
Hi really confused about Deloitte wonder if anyone can help?? I applied in July and passed tests was invited to interview and they said interview booking would go live within 2 weeks and that was 3 weeks ago? Ive emailed them a few times since about it and had no reply, has anyone else managed to book ? Also I was under the impression the actual placement would happen this year so that we were free to go to uni next year so why is the title of this thread Deloitte scholars 2016 rather than 2015? Haha if you could help me at all Id be grateful it's really confusing me and there's no information on the Internet that seems to match up to my situation!
Reply 8
Original post by F000sey
Hi really confused about Deloitte wonder if anyone can help?? I applied in July and passed tests was invited to interview and they said interview booking would go live within 2 weeks and that was 3 weeks ago? Ive emailed them a few times since about it and had no reply, has anyone else managed to book ? Also I was under the impression the actual placement would happen this year so that we were free to go to uni next year so why is the title of this thread Deloitte scholars 2016 rather than 2015? Haha if you could help me at all Id be grateful it's really confusing me and there's no information on the Internet that seems to match up to my situation!

Hmm, well if you've applied in the summer of 2015 (between Year 12 and 13) like we have, then you're applying for the gap year scheme which begins in September 2016. You go to uni in September 2017. I'm through the screening to the interviews but I haven't booked one yet.

By the sounds of it, you've just finished Year 13, but you're a year late in applying. You needed to apply to 2015 scholars in 2014 to start in a month's time. Sorry!

Hope that helps :/
Reply 9
No way haha... I feel like the worlds thickest person I honestly had no idea that was how it worked. Well guess I won't be doing it in the end anyway. Thanks a lot for reply you've saved me a lot of wasted time!
Reply 10
Original post by F000sey
No way haha... I feel like the worlds thickest person I honestly had no idea that was how it worked. Well guess I won't be doing it in the end anyway. Thanks a lot for reply you've saved me a lot of wasted time!

No I'm just sorry it hasn't worked out for you! Good luck on Thurs and I hope you get your first choice uni
Hi how did you guys answer for the question:

"Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis during your gap year placement."

Bit confused on how to answer that?
Reply 12
Original post by sameer.rehman
Hi how did you guys answer for the question:

"Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis during your gap year placement."

Bit confused on how to answer that?

I just answered it by going through a working day, like checking emails, going to meetings, working with the team etc.
Hi,
Quick question. I got my as results yesterday and as they were a lot lower than expected I won't be applying to uni this year. Does this mean I can't apply for the scholar scheme?
Reply 14
Original post by marwa_abdi
Hi,
Quick question. I got my as results yesterday and as they were a lot lower than expected I won't be applying to uni this year. Does this mean I can't apply for the scholar scheme?

No, you can still do the gap year scheme then apply next year! (as long as you're still applying for 2017 University entry)
How did you guys answer the online questions? I'm having a mental block!

Describe what you think will motivate you about working at Deloitte and the role you have applied to.

Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis during your gap year placement.(max 200 words in bullet point format
How have people managed 200 words for the questions? Can't seem to think of more than 70 in bullet point format
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by midgemeister7
How have people managed 200 words for the questions?!?! Can't seem to think of more than 70 in bullet point format

I wrote sentences and just divided them up into bullet points if that helps?
Reply 18
How was your interviews? I am about to apply now
Reply 19
No interviews yet, first assessment centre is Weds 9th Sept

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest