The Student Room Group

This guy is making me insane

Honestly, he has no sense of feeling or sensitivity whatsoever. What do I do about a guy who literally blows one small thing out of proportion?

I mean he'll say something that could upset a person, yet he'll always make it seem like it was their fault. When I try to explain why I'm upset, he'll start going on and on about how I'm a liar and I bull****. When he literally just said horrible things just before!

He drives me insane, it would be different if anyone else in the world thought of me what he did but they don't. He judges me in the most awful ways and I'm losing my patience.

Advice would be greatly appreciated before my mind blows
It would help to know the situation a little more, What happened? What did he do?, What did he say etc..
cut him out if he annoys you so much
Reply 3
It's not like a one off thing. He'll act like he doesn't give a crap about you and that you're nothing.
Imagine a good friend of yours only concerned about their own problems, talking about them constantly and if you go to them once they couldn't give a toss. Or he'll act off with you for no reason, as if he's punishing you for nothing. He's just not aware of how he acts around me.

If I come to him with an issue, he'll think of himself instead as in if he feels it's too negative that I'm talking about personal problems he'll be like 'rather not listen to this'.

If you do something nice for him as in ask about him or just even leave a message of appreciation or something nice. He'll go off on a tangent like 'you're so controlling' when all I said was 'maybe you should have medicine to feel better'.

Just don't get ittttt
Reply 4
Original post by scrawlx101
cut him out if he annoys you so much

I would cut him out but I have a real soft spot for him. He's transformed from one of the nicest people out there to one of the most rude and obnoxious
Sounds like a ****, who doesnt deserve you as a friend, cut him out, or tell him to stop being such a dick
Dispose of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I would cut him out but I have a real soft spot for him. He's transformed from one of the nicest people out there to one of the most rude and obnoxious

Do you know why he's changed?
I would tell him that, and if he does exactly what you've described / doesn't want to change, then say so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen.... It's no use staying friends because of someone he was in the past - if you do you will never benefit from the friendship again.
He sounds really annoying, and I've known people like this... Surprised you didn't KO him yet during one of his little rants.
Honestly, he has no sense of feeling or sensitivity whatsoever. What do I do about a guy who literally blows one small thing out of proportion?

I mean he'll say something that could upset a person, yet he'll always make it seem like it was their fault. When I try to explain why I'm upset, he'll start going on and on about how I'm a liar and I bull****. When he literally just said horrible things just before!

He drives me insane, it would be different if anyone else in the world thought of me what he did but they don't. He judges me in the most awful ways and I'm losing my patience.

Sounds like a toxic person, you have to avoid them as much as possible, and when the opportunity arises cut them out forever

For now, you have to keep your cool, it's difficult, but just realise that, when someone is acting so horrible to you and judges you and can't be kind, it's because they have serious issues, and know that it's not a problem with you, you could be the perfect person, and that guy will still find ways to dig at you, so understand that he's suffering and be happy because you're not :smile:

Let him call you what he wants and don't react to it, whatever he calls you means nothing because it's all just opinion, and why would you bother with some idiot's opinions? Not reacting also means you win
Do you know why he's changed?

No idea. He didn't have many friends when he knew me and I was there for him because he was going through a lot. Soon as he got more mates he just acts off now as if I did something terrible. So confusingg
Original post by zyzzyspirit
He sounds really annoying, and I've known people like this... Surprised you didn't KO him yet during one of his little rants.

So frustratingggg. If you try argue back, he makes me feel bad as if it's my fault. Then goes on and on about that I'm attention seeking or looking for arguments, when I'm really not. It was him who acted in a way that's annoying
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Sounds like a toxic person, you have to avoid them as much as possible, and when the opportunity arises cut them out forever

For now, you have to keep your cool, it's difficult, but just realise that, when someone is acting so horrible to you and judges you and can't be kind, it's because they have serious issues, and know that it's not a problem with you, you could be the perfect person, and that guy will still find ways to dig at you, so understand that he's suffering and be happy because you're not :smile:

Let him call you what he wants and don't react to it, whatever he calls you means nothing because it's all just opinion, and why would you bother with some idiot's opinions? Not reacting also means you win

Yeah you're right. He's a piece of work. But I do react when he's being unfair, like I'll tell him if he's done something wrong in a calm way. Then he'll start his rant about how I'm the worst and then I'll react with frustration or anger.
In the end he'll try to act like the bigger person and not react again as if it was all my fault. He's never said sorry in his life and I end up apologising for no reason!

Also, thanks for your replies everyone :smile:
Reply 14
Yeah ditch him, he sounds petulant and insecure
Why you wasting your time on someone like him.
No idea. I did ditch him anyways which you'll all be happy to know. But weirdly I feel a bit down about it.

Thanks everyone, appreciate it loads

There was a guy whom I liked a lot. I really really liked him so much that all I could do is think about him. I liked him since childhood when was like 12 or 13 and I am 20 now. He liked me at first too liked showed all signs of liking like staring smiling etc. Once idk why I just reacted negatively to that. His true self came out. It was like a nightmare. He would say bad things to me in front of me, try to make me jealous, be cold to me in text, flirt with other girls etc. I being so stupid would try to text him not knowing he would screenshot those and send it to their group making fun of me. He is the most horrible person I've met in my life. Now he glares at me. He avoids me. Why? Because he is with someone else. It feels so bad that my friends dated him, they had a good experience. But me who loved him so much had to suffer the most without getting it back. Now I avoid him. I've cut him off from my life. When I think about hating him my head aches physically. So its better to just forgive him and move on. Time heals everything!

Latest