The Student Room Group

is it really so wrong to lose your virginity on a one night stand?

I don't want to go to uni a virgin, and I've never been in a relationship where I've wanted to have sex with them before. However there are so many guys I would totally have slept with if I weren't a virgin. So why don't I just get it over with and lose my v card to a random hot guy? It's just sex, right?
My friends are telling me to wait but honestly I don't know what I'm waiting for.

Scroll to see replies

No, it's not wrong. Your first time will likely be awkward as hell anyway.

Some people have mind-blowing "firsts" but these are pretty rare.

In all honesty the whole concept of "virginity" is overblown. Like, your virginity is not a "thing". It just means you're incredibly inexperienced in one particular activity. The more practice the better eh :colondollar:

If you genuinely don't really want to have sex with anyone, then don't bother. (When the time is right, you'll know, you'll be turned on like crazy!) And if you can't wait to get into bed with someone but you feel "bad" because you think you should "wait", then I'd say just jump the gun and go for it.
but don't girls get quite attached to their first? Or is that just a myth?
Think of it this way.

When you meet a guy you want to be with, and you tell him you're a virgin, well, his opinion of you will go up about 20 notches. I would say it's the same with guys really, a lot of girls tend to like that guys don't fling themselves around.
Its up to you mate. You'll either be happy with your choice or regret it. Choose wisely.

Personally I'd wait to have sex with someone I care about.
(edited 8 years ago)
Choose someone from school it's much better that way
Reply 6
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Think of it this way.

When you meet a guy you want to be with, and you tell him you're a virgin, well, his opinion of you will go up about 20 notches. I would say it's the same with guys really, a lot of girls tend to like that guys don't fling themselves around.

hmm, but at the end of the day I really want to have a lot of casual sex.

Original post by phunky_fresh
Its up to you mate. You'll either be happy with your choice or regret it. Choose wisely.

Personally I'd wait to have sex with someone I care about.

what if it's someone who you care about and who cares about you but they're a friend with benefits type person?
Original post by Anonymous
hmm, but at the end of the day I really want to have a lot of casual sex.

what if it's someone who you care about and who cares about you but they're a friend with benefits type person?

Then have as much casual sex as you like. Friends with benefits isn't for me, I wouldn't be involved with someone who only wanted casual sex , so I doubt I'd be in this situation. But if I happened to be in this situation I wouldn't do it.
If it's what you want then do it.

Otherwise nah, I would never even consider losing my virginity to someone who wasn't pretty special.
Reply 9
Haram tbh
I'd wait for someone nice. FWB atleast. I'd never have sex with someone I don't know regardless of being a virgin or not though tbh.
Reply 11
Its v wrong tbh
Not something I would have been comfortable with but hey, it's really your choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
nothing is "wrong" when it comes to sex (as long as it is CONSENSUAL!!!) if you want to, go for it. if not, don't. it's your choice and your body so if the moment feels right, then yeah..
but don't girls get quite attached to their first? Or is that just a myth?

I remember once this was a thing discussed on some programme on TV, all the women on it said their first time was pretty crap.

If you wanna lose it, lose it, keeping it seems very overrated. Basically what the first poster said.

Original post by TheCitizenAct

When you meet a guy you want to be with, and you tell him you're a virgin, well, his opinion of you will go up about 20 notches.

As a guy I don't think somebody's virginity or lack thereof has ever changed my opinion of them.
I don't want to go to uni a virgin, and I've never been in a relationship where I've wanted to have sex with them before. However there are so many guys I would totally have slept with if I weren't a virgin. So why don't I just get it over with and lose my v card to a random hot guy? It's just sex, right?
My friends are telling me to wait but honestly I don't know what I'm waiting for.

Nothing wrong with it at all. Trust me just do it and get it over and done with
Reply 16
Id look down @ u tbh
you honestly had to ask this? do whatever you like
Original post by Dinaa
Id look down @ u tbh

well luckily I wasn't asking what you'd think of me because I don't really care
How do you know its an ONS at the time? You can't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending