The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Spanish Speaking CA

Hi,

Was just wondering how the mark scheme is set out for the Speaking CA in GCSE AQA Spanish, and how to get the top marks. Also, how many marks is it out of and how many do you need in order to reach an A*? I heard that you get marked on fluency and your accent, but is there anything else?

Thank you !
Original post by TheGCSEGirl
Hi,

Was just wondering how the mark scheme is set out for the Speaking CA in GCSE AQA Spanish, and how to get the top marks. Also, how many marks is it out of and how many do you need in order to reach an A*? I heard that you get marked on fluency and your accent, but is there anything else?

Thank you !

i'm doing GCSE AQA Spanish too
It is out of 30 and I believe you need 27 to get an A*
I believe you get marked on pronunciation/communication, range of language/content, accuracy cant remember all of them but these are a couple if not all- Ifi remember rightly content is out of 10 or 15 marks, then the others are out of 5 I think but not entirely sure as I have recently done a writing CA
to get an a* your content needs to be good like using lots of a* phrases, be very accurate, vary your language so don't use the same opinion phrases over again, make sure you have past, present, future and maybe even conditional tenses. Pronounce words correctly
Sorry there's a lot of writing
Reply 2
I've done this course, and the speaking assessment will assess you mainly on:
1) fluency ( make sure your method of revision is solid - set your self mock exam dates before the actual date. On these dates sit in an empty room and see if you can receive your paragraphs at the best of your ability and accurately.
2) I actually noticed accent is key - if you can perhaps put a Spanish accent on you might be able to boost your marks.
3) speak to your teacher - their might be certain phrases classed in the A* category that you would benefit from using in your speech.
4) perhaps get a native Spanish speaker to read your intended speech out so you can record and continuously listen to it:smile:

Original post by TheGCSEGirl
Hi,

Thank you !
Reply 3
Original post by indigo2011
i'm doing GCSE AQA Spanish too
It is out of 30 and I believe you need 27 to get an A*
I believe you get marked on pronunciation/communication, range of language/content, accuracy cant remember all of them but these are a couple if not all- Ifi remember rightly content is out of 10 or 15 marks, then the others are out of 5 I think but not entirely sure as I have recently done a writing CA
to get an a* your content needs to be good like using lots of a* phrases, be very accurate, vary your language so don't use the same opinion phrases over again, make sure you have past, present, future and maybe even conditional tenses. Pronounce words correctly
Sorry there's a lot of writing

Oh ok thank you ! Appreciate it
Reply 4
Original post by Shamim1
I've done this course, and the speaking assessment will assess you mainly on:
1) fluency ( make sure your method of revision is solid - set your self mock exam dates before the actual date. On these dates sit in an empty room and see if you can receive your paragraphs at the best of your ability and accurately.
2) I actually noticed accent is key - if you can perhaps put a Spanish accent on you might be able to boost your marks.
3) speak to your teacher - their might be certain phrases classed in the A* category that you would benefit from using in your speech.
4) perhaps get a native Spanish speaker to read your intended speech out so you can record and continuously listen to it:smile:

Thanks for the advice !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending