The Student Room Group

National Day/week of Mourning = Days off work/school

In most countires were head of state or some high importance person has passed away they have a day or week of national mourning were everyone gets a day/week off work/school

so if any of the royals or queen passes away why don't or why cant we get a day or week of national mourning and have a day off or week off work
As of yet, seeing as I can't remember any royals passing away recently, having a national day of mourning might be a possibility. I don't know about you, but I don't exactly know how I would feel about having a day off in the circumstance that someone important died. At the end of the day, I never knew them, so other than the effect it would have on the government set-up/monarchy, it wouldn't really have much of an effect on me. Then of course you get those who just want a day off so they don't have to do anything. So to summarize, until it happens, we wont know.

Although, in the case that the Queen passed away, like the Royal Wedding, we would probably be given a day off on the date of the service - because normally nowadays private services such as funerals for important people are televised. I don't know how I'd feel about that if either a member of my family's or even my own funeral was shown on TV. But it probably will be I mean, Winston Churchill's funeral was on Television, and I think Margaret Thatcher's one was too. But who knows. Maybe.
Original post by QueenBee98
As of yet, seeing as I can't remember any royals passing away recently, having a national day of mourning might be a possibility. I don't know about you, but I don't exactly know how I would feel about having a day off in the circumstance that someone important died. At the end of the day, I never knew them, so other than the effect it would have on the government set-up/monarchy, it wouldn't really have much of an effect on me. Then of course you get those who just want a day off so they don't have to do anything. So to summarize, until it happens, we wont know.

Although, in the case that the Queen passed away, like the Royal Wedding, we would probably be given a day off on the date of the service - because normally nowadays private services such as funerals for important people are televised. I don't know how I'd feel about that if either a member of my family's or even my own funeral was shown on TV. But it probably will be I mean, Winston Churchill's funeral was on Television, and I think Margaret Thatcher's one was too. But who knows. Maybe.

I think a week of holiday is desereved tbh, its a free holiday ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending