The Student Room Group

english lang, sociology, law and politics? good a level choices?

<b>blank<b>
(edited 8 years ago)
Your subjects are considered a little soft. I'd change Language to Literature, it's much more respected. You can't do English at most unis without lit or lit&lang. As for Politics and Law , History would be a much better option. Unis prefer more traditional courses, even for a law degree, History/ English Lit is much preferred to Law. The same is for Politics. And sociology is quite similar to human part of geography. The physical side will give you a bit of a break and diversity.

If you're worried your options are too similar, then I'd recommend you did one of the 3 sciences or maths. You could also do something quite artsy for a 4th, like Fine Art or Theatre Studies. Theyr're less resoected( unless you do something very related to these courses)but will give you diversity.

The 'Facilitated Subjects' are:
Maths & Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
History
Gepgraphy
Modern Foreign Languages
English Literature

I hope this helps you come to a decision. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by el hemmings
im starting sixth form this september and i think i know what subjects im taking but im worried theyre all too similar? im planning on taking english language, politics, law and sociology. are these all good subjects to take together? im not sure what i want to do at university yet but im certain it will be something to do with these subjects.

Do you know which exam board you're doing for Sociology?

Quick Reply

Latest