The Student Room Group

why does the UK have tax?

Scroll to see replies

However said that the royal family pay more then they receive , you are idiots they pay no tax what so ever and spend i'd guess well over 5 million a year of tax payers money
The UK has tax just like any other state because the ruling class has the authority to imprison you if you resist their demands for 'protection' money.
In order to pay for public services and to allow the Government to somewhat balance its books.

A better question would have been: how much tax should the UK have.
Why do people say that there would be anarchy without income tax?

Income tax was introduced into Britain as a temporary war measure at 2 pence in the pound, and as expected it was one of those "temporary" things that never went away.

There was not anarchy in the UK before 1798 so the anarchy argument just does not hold water.

Successive government have been increasing their scope and reach since this time and now control more of your money than you do.

People have started to believe that if they need something or if something needs to be done, turn to the government.

The monetary system is now controlled by a public-private partnership (cartel). This has created a whole industry of statism which needs to convince everyone that they could not live without it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by flamboy
"some people", not "the people".

Can you propose a system where 'the people' make all the decisions then? I'm all ears...
Reply 65
Original post by Quady
Can you propose a system where 'the people' make all the decisions then? I'm all ears...

no government at all, or a direct democracy, if you're asking for hypotheticals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending