The Student Room Group

Do universities have to send acknowlegement?

Well as the title suggests do they? My sister is kinda freaking out that all her choices have sent her a reply telling her they recieved her application. However UCL haven't yet and its been nearly a month since UCAS has sent it to UCL. Although i haven't got an offer yet i got a reply quite early confirming they recieved my application, so I thought this is kinda strange........ does this necessarily mean they they just looked through her application and just said meh not good enough and reject her a bit later by UCAS?
Nope, I didn't hear from UCL until I got asked to interview. Some of my unis I still haven't heard a peep from, even though I've had offers through UCAS! So it's nothing to worry about :smile:
Didn't hear from KCL until I got the offer. Maybe it's a London uni thing :p:
Reply 3
thanks for the replys!
I don't remember receiving any acknowledgement from Bristol, Exeter, Sheffield or Royal Holloway last year and I got offers from al 4, so it doesn't mean anything.
I received an acknowledgment letter from Bradford weeks ago but no replies.. last week, I received a conditional offer from Leeds with no primary acknowledgments ^_^

Latest

Trending

Trending