The Student Room Group

Course not in clearing options

The uni I want to apply through clearing says it's only offering places to students outside the EU because of the Scottish students funding cap. However what if there are scottish students who have not made their conditions ( which I'm so sure there will be) why can't I take one of their places. Should I email the uni directly asking if this is possible. I know a level results come out mis august so am I better waiting till they come out to see if places open up to me then. I just don't understand why I can't take the place of another Scottish student.
Original post by RC5496
The uni I want to apply through clearing says it's only offering places to students outside the EU because of the Scottish students funding cap. However what if there are scottish students who have not made their conditions ( which I'm so sure there will be) why can't I take one of their places. Should I email the uni directly asking if this is possible. I know a level results come out mis august so am I better waiting till they come out to see if places open up to me then. I just don't understand why I can't take the place of another Scottish student.

If you want to contact them, then do so, if it is the only way your mind will be put at rest, but if that is what it says, then it's not likely that they will tell you any different. I imagine they have judged their numbers very finely and have more or less got it spot on. Remember there are insurance offers to be taken into consideration, too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending