The Student Room Group

Leaving an English University to start/continue a course in Scotland?

Hi there,

I'm currently on a BA Hons Drama degree at the University of Sunderland and I have found that I am not at all enjoying my course. I am originally from Edinburgh and moved to Sunderland thinking it would be a wise choice. Now I see my spontaneity has made me miserable and stuck in a part of the world I loathe.

My question is this, I've completed one year of the course, and was close to completing a second year but I was referred in modules and I find I cannot complete the work in the allocated time frame. Can I now transfer back to a Scottish University, to start or continue my study on a similar course and would the tuition fees be paid for me or would I then have to also pay for these myself?

Also if anyone can advise me of any Universities in either Edinburgh or Glasgow that do drama based courses then that would also be a huge help.

Thank you.
Original post by Javert_Charming
Hi there,

I'm currently on a BA Hons Drama degree at the University of Sunderland and I have found that I am not at all enjoying my course. I am originally from Edinburgh and moved to Sunderland thinking it would be a wise choice. Now I see my spontaneity has made me miserable and stuck in a part of the world I loathe.

My question is this, I've completed one year of the course, and was close to completing a second year but I was referred in modules and I find I cannot complete the work in the allocated time frame. Can I now transfer back to a Scottish University, to start or continue my study on a similar course and would the tuition fees be paid for me or would I then have to also pay for these myself?

Also if anyone can advise me of any Universities in either Edinburgh or Glasgow that do drama based courses then that would also be a huge help.

Thank you.

It's quite late to be arranging this but get together all your module info (and grades) for your current course and get on the phone to a few universities.

Usually student finance allows for one "false start" year - so if you transferred into Year 2 at a Scottish uni you *should* be ok.

We had someone on TSR go to Queen Margaret's for Drama a few years ago and had a lovely time so they're probably worth a look http://www.qmu.ac.uk/courses/UGCourse.cfm?c_id=86

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending