The Student Room Group

Is there any point in dating

if you are only going to live somewhere temporarily?

I am living in a different part of the UK for just a year before returning to Bristol (my home), but don't know if it is worth looking for a bf while I live there or not
Why not? If you right the right guy, you could make it work long distance, or you could just have fun for while you are there.
Reply 2
Looking for a boyfriend is never worth.
Good things happen without you forcing 'em.
Stop looking, something may happen.
Maybe hes right here.. :colonhash:
Original post by MollyWilding
Why not? If you right the right guy, you could make it work long distance, or you could just have fun for while you are there.

I guess, I've never had a boyfriend though so not sure if my first one should be either long distance (after I leave) or short term :colondollar:
Relationships are overrated just bang and leave it or have friends with benefits. Especially if it's only a year
Original post by zalo_00
Looking for a boyfriend is never worth.
Good things happen without you forcing 'em.
Stop looking, something may happen.

Thanks good advice; but by "looking for" I meant being open to one :smile:.
Original post by Proudhipster
if you are only going to live somewhere temporarily?

I am living in a different part of the UK for just a year before returning to Bristol (my home), but don't know if it is worth looking for a bf while I live there or not

I wouldn't advise "looking" for a boyfriend necessarily, but if you find someone I see no harm in dating.

It could turn into something long lasting where it doesn't matter if you're not staying in the same place!
I think it's always worth being open to the idea of meeting someone.

When I met my boyfriend, I was 17 and all the odds were against us: "First relationships never last very long".... "Long distance relationships always end badly" ..... "The age gap is way too big" ..... "It never works if you try to stay together through university"

Anyway, four and a half years later, I've made it through the long distance bit, made it through university and we've just moved in together.

You never know who might waltz into your life by pure coincidence, so go with the flow and see what happens!
Reply 9
Original post by bailfire
Maybe hes right here.. :colonhash:

Jaja!
A year is a long time - most relationships don't last that long anyway.
Original post by bumblebee342
I wouldn't advise "looking" for a boyfriend necessarily, but if you find someone I see no harm in dating.

It could turn into something long lasting where it doesn't matter if you're not staying in the same place!

Bumblebee (many numbers) is right (obviously) since she's saying just what I said!
=D
Original post by zalo_00
Bumblebee (many numbers) is right (obviously) since she's saying just what I said!
=D

Yup :tongue:
I did this before moving to the other side of the country even though I made it clear that I was leaving in 4 months it ended up breaking the other person's heart so I don't do temporary dating any more there's not much point I would rather wait.
Original post by Anonymous
I did this before moving to the other side of the country even though I made it clear that I was leaving in 4 months it ended up breaking the other person's heart so I don't do temporary dating any more there's not much point I would rather wait.

Thanks, sorry to hear :frown:
Reply 15
Yes 1) you have some fun and get your oats 2) it might not last that long anyway 3) if it works out you can still make plans for the future
nah

Quick Reply

Latest