The Student Room Group

Sexist Air Conditioning - LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH has anyone else seen the report on Sky News about Air conditioning being too low for women?

Oh my this is brilliant, I love how modern feminism is basically just a hate campaign against men and a campaign for women to have every right they can think of.

They genuinely think the air conditioning is being sexist hahahahahah.

I do hope this is a joke oh my.

Saw this one as well:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11780469/Women-shiver-at-work-in-sexist-air-conditioning.html

Scroll to see replies

Seems legit
Those white feminists need to calm down.

It's ridiculous. This isn't feminism!
Original post by ComputerMaths97

They genuinely think the air conditioning is being sexist hahahahahah.

I do hope this is a joke oh my.

No one is claiming that air conditioning has become sentient and has started discriminating against women so i dont see whats so funny.

Taken from the Daily Telegraph article you linked:
"Current air conditioning standards are derived from research conducted in the 1960s which was based on the resting metabolic rate of one 11 stone, 40-year-old man.
Men typically have more heat generating muscle than women and so feel comfortable at cooler temperatures."
"The authors have called for a new system that takes into account gender differences, as well as age and physiological characteristics such as being lean or obese."

So, you see, when you leave aside the reactionary headlines you get to the actual facts of the matter. There's nothing funny or crazy here. Sorry to dissapoint.

/thread
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Thorley Jynx
No one is claiming that air conditioning has become sentient and has started discriminating against women so i dont see whats so funny.

"Current air conditioning standards are derived from research conducted in the 1960s which was based on the resting metabolic rate of one 11 stone, 40-year-old man.
Men typically have more heat generating muscle than women and so feel comfortable at cooler temperatures."
"The authors have called for a new system that takes into account gender differences, as well as age and physiological characteristics such as being lean or obese."

So, you see, when you leave aside the reactionary headlines you get to the actual facts of the matter. There's nothing funny or crazy here. Sorry to dissapoint.

/thread

It's a random attack from feminists to get more rights and power, don't pretend it isn't.

It's ridiculous. What they'll do, in offices that there are both women and men, they're change the temperatures to fit this new ridiculous agenda, and now the men will feel too hot. Backwards if you ask me.

To fix that, we have to split up men and women, which nobody wants.
It's ridiculous. What they'll do, in offices that there are both women and men, they're change the temperatures to fit this new ridiculous agenda, and now the men will feel too hot. Backwards if you ask me.

Or they will just increase the standard temperature by one or two degrees celsius. Whichever.
They can wear an extra layer if they're cold, while men in most workplaces can't remove another layer if they're too hot.
Reply 7
I love how modern feminism is basically just a hate campaign against men and a campaign for women to have every right they can think of.

Is this why you are propagating such trash? Because you're a feminist?
Original post by Quady
Is this why you are propagating such trash? Because you're a feminist?

Don't worry, I'm not a feminist.

I just found it all funny xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Skip_Snip
They can wear an extra layer if they're cold, while men in most workplaces can't remove another layer if they're too hot.

This is where you get the feminist saying "why should we have to wear an extra layer? That's not fair, we shouldn't be forced to wear more clothes".

Yet blatantly it's a better option than a man taking off his shirt in the workplace.
Reply 10
Original post by Thorley Jynx

/thread

It's a random attack from feminists to get more rights and power, don't pretend it isn't.

exactly men will get too hot. and you can't just throw on a jumper when your too hot. like thats it. you just have to suffer.

women are such a nuisance

also this

Reply 11
Don't worry, I'm not stupid enough to be a feminist.

I just found it all funny xD

And thats why you're peddling it?
Whether or not it is unfair to women, it is an outdated standard. You won't find many 40 year old men who only weigh 11 stone nowadays.

It would have been rare in an office for a man not to wear a tie in the 1960s. Women would have sleeves back then. People had baths not showers and so standards of cleanliness were different. Clothing was made of different and I would expect thicker material then. You would not have had the heat from computers.

So to update the standard seems sensible.
I love how modern feminism is basically just a hate campaign against men

...that's what you got from "most offices were designed with 1960s males in mind"???
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mick.w
women are such a nuisance

Your mother must be so proud
I like working in the cold anyway. And its not like I would wear a skirt into work if I was too warm...
Reply 16
Original post by Катя
Your mother must be so proud

She is actually lol.
Reply 17
This is why guns should be legal.
Original post by Катя
...that's what you got from "most offices were designed with 1960s males in mind"???

I literally have no idea where that quote is from.

You definitely have hate problems.
(edited 8 years ago)
But I thought women were stronger than men in every single way? Women can't get colder than men thats IMPOSSIBRU.

In all seriousness though. This just shows how bad feminists are at problem solving and thinking outside the box. If a man thought it was too cold they'd put a jacket on.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending