The Student Room Group

LGBT rights: Anti-terror orders should be used on Christian teachers, says Tory MP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yuit
We know what's coming, if a church refuses a gay marriage ceremony are we bigots now? We are being marinalised and pressured to accept your beliefs.

That is exactly what religious people have done for centuries and are still doing to gays and everyone else. Except that resulted in us being illegal and second class citizens while us gays and liberals are not advocating for your death or your imprisonment and we are not banning heterosexual marriage either.
Reply 41
another attack on Christianity
what about imams?
Reply 42
Original post by driftawaay
That is exactly what religious people have done for centuries and are still doing to gays and everyone else. Except that resulted in us being illegal and second class citizens while us gays and liberals are not advocating for your death or your imprisonment and we are not banning heterosexual marriage either.

What planet do you live on? Since when are we advocating for your death? I have never marginalised gay people or people of other beliefs in my entire life, neither have most true believers. This is what is known as a 'straw man' argument.
I live by the word of God and that's how it'll be in my home and family, but that doesn't mean I'm going to persecute others. The only persecution I see is that of the left who come up with various labels such as 'bigots' to shut down other opinions.
Original post by Yuit
By natural I meant that there is no evidence that homosexuality is genetic and that we are born with it. If you want to look at it your way then murder is also natural as it is observed in humanity and all the time in the animal world. In reality we are all born with sin whether you like it or not. Any white true christian is viewed as a bigot by the left.

There is plenty of evidence that proves that homosexuality is partly genetic and partly influenced by prenatal hormones that affect brain development. Maybe you should do more research before you claim there is no evidence. It is a scientific fact that sexuality is determined before birth. This is a typical case of an ignorant person not doing research and then trying to argue OR knowing the facts but ignoring them anyway. That is the definition of ignorance and bigotry. You ignore facts to suit your agenda.

However there is no evidence that God even exists.

And yes, murder is also natural. Whether something is natural or not doesn't mean it is right or wrong. Plenty of natural things are undesirable and plenty of unnatural things are useful in everyday life. Natural does not equal good and unnatural does not equal bad, therefore even if homosexuality was unnatural, it wouldn't make it wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by sdotd
what about imams?

They won't leave us alone until they've completely crushed us. The bible warned us about these times, just stay strong and live by Jesus.
Reply 45
Original post by Yuit
They won't leave us alone until they've completely crushed us. The bible warned us about these times, just stay strong and live by Jesus.

im not even christian but i agree
Original post by Yuit
What planet do you live on? Since when are we advocating for your death? I have never marginalised gay people or people of other beliefs in my entire life, neither have most true believers. This is what is known as a 'straw man' argument.
I live by the word of God and that's how it'll be in my home and family, but that doesn't mean I'm going to persecute others. The only persecution I see is that of the left who come up with various labels such as 'bigots' to shut down other opinions.

What planet do I live on? LOL I live on planet Earth and half of the world's population lives in places where homosexuality is punishable by death. Most of them religious countries. Being gay put you in prison in this country until recent history because of religious people.

Well yes, there is nothing wrong or unnatural about being gay, and anybody who says otherwise needs to be shut down because they are lying and kids cannot be taught bigotry under the guise of religion.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
There is plenty of evidence that proves that homosexuality is partly genetic and partly influenced by prenatal hormones that affect brain development. Maybe you should do more research before you claim there is no evidence. It is a scientific fact that sexuality is determined before birth. This is a typical case of an ignorant person not doing research and then trying to argue OR knowing the facts but ignoring them anyway. That is the definition of ignorance and bigotry. You ignore facts to suit your agenda.

However there is no evidence that God even exists.

And yes, murder is also natural. Whether something is natural or not doesn't mean it is right or wrong. Plenty of natural things are undesirable and plenty of unnatural things are useful in everyday life. Natural does not equal good and unnatural does not equal bad, therefore even if homosexuality was unnatural, it wouldn't make it wrong.

It's funny because the scientists who set out to do this research went out hoping to find that homosexuality is natural to fir their agenda. And you said it, 'partly'. Clearly you know nothing of genetics. Certain genes may be triggered in certain circumstances by the environment. For instance, some scientists believe there are certain genes which when triggered draw out psychotic tendencies, this is done when the environment isn't suitable, so a child may grow up in rough circumstances, this will trigger the genes causes psychotic tendencies in the person. This is not possible without the environment. The same is with the genes which cause homosexuality, sorry but it is not as biologically natural as you may think. I saw a documentary recently where in northern Pakistan and Afghanistan homosexuality is rife because that part of Pakistan and Afghanistan are very culturally conservative. So the men engage in homosexual behaviour on a large scale, this is evidence that it is environmental, I doubt all those people carry the fictional gay gene you propose.

In the end I follow Jesus and the Bible, I don't need to listen to your brainwashed lefty opinions.
Original post by Yuit
The only persecution I see is that of the left who come up with various labels such as 'bigots' to shut down other opinions.

That is not our responsibility either as a collective LGBT umbrella group, which imo doesn't really represent us all very well anyway, or as individuals. Society is changing, why do we get the blame?

This whole idea of a 'gay agenda' is as offensive as it is absurd, the people in power are the politicians and by and large they are as straight and conservative [not to mention white] as you could possibly get. They made changes to ride the wave of popular public opinion, the largely straight population are the ones that hold the power to create this kind of change, go talk to them.

Original post by Yuit
They won't leave us alone until they've completely crushed us.

Wow the parallels are just creepy and yet you still don't know what true persecution is.

Original post by sdotd
what about imams?

It's a christian that is dictating the context of the discussion, their are no Muslims in here talking about their holy books, I challenge each and every Muslim that expresses bigotry towards the LGBT community, just have a look under my thread history in the topic on 'i'm a muslim ama' where I gave her a well deserved grilling.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 49
What planet do I live on? LOL I live on planet Earth and half of the world's population lives in places where homosexuality is punishable by death. Most of them religious countries. Being gay put you in prison in this country until recent history because of religious people.

Well yes, there is nothing wrong or unnatural about being gay, and anybody who says otherwise needs to be shut down because they are lying and kids cannot be taught bigotry under the guise of religion.

Very childish.
It's funny how you accuse us of being unscientific yet you want to shut down any scientific discussions which questions whether homosexuality is biological in humans.
Original post by Yuit
Very childish.
It's funny how you accuse us of being unscientific yet you want to shut down any scientific discussions which questions whether homosexuality is biological in humans.

So science is childish? Okay.

Believing there is a guy watching over you isn't childish? :colondollar:

I don't need to shut down any discussions, it is an established fact that homosexuality is biological. There is nothing to debate here. This is official scientific consensus and not something that is to be debated by you, somebody who knows nothing about science and ignores facts.

As I said before, if I knew you were a complete nutcase, I would not have bothered with you at all, so don't quote me now because it will not be read and you are getting blocked now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 51
So science is childish? Okay.

Believing there is a guy watching over you isn't childish? :colondollar:

I don't need to shut down any discussions, it is an established fact that homosexuality is biological. This is official scientific consensus and not something that is to be debated by you, somebody who knows nothing about science and ignores facts.

As I said before, if I knew you were a complete nutcase, I would not have bothered with you at all, so don't quote me now because it will not be read and you are getting blocked now.

No it's not childish, and you will discover that once you die and God judges you.
Bye now, I have no time for this :biggrin:
Original post by Yuit

Original post by sdotd
what about imams?

Original post by Yuit
It's funny because the scientists who set out to do this research went out hoping to find that homosexuality is natural to fir their agenda. And you said it, 'partly'. Clearly you know nothing of genetics. Certain genes may be triggered in certain circumstances by the environment. For instance, some scientists believe there are certain genes which when triggered draw out psychotic tendencies, this is done when the environment isn't suitable, so a child may grow up in rough circumstances, this will trigger the genes causes psychotic tendencies in the person. This is not possible without the environment. The same is with the genes which cause homosexuality, sorry but it is not as biologically natural as you may think. I saw a documentary recently where in northern Pakistan and Afghanistan homosexuality is rife because that part of Pakistan and Afghanistan are very culturally conservative. So the men engage in homosexual behaviour on a large scale, this is evidence that it is environmental, I doubt all those people carry the fictional gay gene you propose.

In the end I follow Jesus and the Bible, I don't need to listen to your brainwashed lefty opinions.

Yes it's pretty obvious you have a whole other level of brain washing going on.

Your comments on psychopaths and genes was correct the rest is supposition and pseudo-science.

Calling straight people gay because they are stuck in a situation where they can't express their sexual urges with their preferred sex and express it in the only way they can is absurd. These people do not identify as gay at any point in their lives, not in same sex prisons, not in countries where woman are unavailable, this is just a phenomenon that occurs within a very narrow set of environmental factors. It doesn't disprove anything, it only proves that environment plays a role which as you said yourself is always true in genetics. Your just wasting peoples time.
Reply 53
Original post by eskimo_rising

It's a christian that is dictating the context of the discussion, their are no Muslims in here talking about their holy books, I challenge each and every Muslim that expresses bigotry towards the LGBT community, just have a look under my thread history in the topic on 'i'm a muslim ama' where I gave her a well deserved grilling.

The left never speaks out against Islamic extremism but attack us ruthlessly, why is that? I have no problem with moderate muslims but I'm just wondering why you won't condemn Islamic extremism?
Our governments are the biggest terrorists
Reply 55
Original post by WhitePower☺

They're essentially being funded by people who want to see the destruction of Christianity.
Original post by WhitePower☺

Keyword: WhitePower :fuhrer:
Original post by Yuit
The left never speaks out against Islamic extremism but attack us ruthlessly, why is that? I have no problem with moderate muslims but I'm just wondering why you won't condemn Islamic extremism?

I don't know? Ask someone who is part of the left perhaps? I always challenge it and always will, I think perhaps the majority of lefties consider christianity 'theirs' whereas they do not consider Islam part of their culture, but I was bought up culturally as a Muslim so I can challenge it better as I know the ins and outs.

Also if push comes to shove, lgbt people will challenge Muslims, i've seen it tsr day in day out, not sure about the lefties- maybe there just to soft, that's an accusation often leveled at them in the uk regarding immigration and such issues. :wink:
Reply 58
Just shows how extreme and belligerent lgbt people are.
Original post by Yuit
We know what's coming, if a church refuses a gay marriage ceremony are we bigots now? We are being marinalised and pressured to accept your beliefs.

This is so true, yet all homosexuals refuse to accept it.

What this person is saying is that regardless of whether they think it's right or wrong, it IS being forced upon them regardless. That's all that's being said - they're being forced to accept your beliefs. And it's an excellent point - PRSOM for you Yuit :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending