The Student Room Group

why are you single?

Scroll to see replies

The main responses from girls are; too short and too ugly. Joining the forever alone crowd here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd totally be down for a relationship but I think I'm not in the right place at the minute and I'm pretty immature because I tend to *accidentally* lead people on because I'm infatuated with the attention they give me
Reply 82
bc all my exes are *****; thus I figured the next girl I date will probably also be a ****
Because all during high school I concentrated only on studying. I believed that social interaction and romance was frivolous, and that all that really mattered was good grades, educational success and then career success. I was wrong, but now that I want a girlfriend, the legacy of that thinking remains- I.E people still think I want to be left alone, and I have low confidence and I am unable to perform well in social situations.

I am also rather short and have unsightly teeth, but I think the above are more relevant factors.
Because I'm awkward and don't talk to many girls, most girls are taken anyway and the subjects that I take aren't popular with girls so I can't really meet anyone unless I did something outside of education I do sometimes go out with friends but still don't often meet new people.
Focused on studies and even if I did want to pursue a relationship now, I would be moving away for uni (hopefully) in a few weeks time and I cannot do long distance :L Also, I'm not exactly an attractive person so :smile:))
Because I can only be in a relationship through marriage. For that to happen, I have to wait till I've finished Uni, sorted my life out, found a good job and then find a good woman. However, I still have hope, and I do believe it'll happen soon insh'llah. I just need to sort my life out, as sometimes it crashes.
Because I haven't found a girl good enough for me........
😏😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just haven't found the right person, have health issues, and not exactly minted-I hope girls aren't as shallow as to date you according to your bank balance but hey they do.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
idiosyncratic you and your words. teased a lot..arent you going to college?

probably a good thing haha xD although anyone can be a liar.

arent you open and bad girl tut tut

copy requested.

my school is a college- year 7 to year 13 :smile:

what can I say I'm well smrt :u:

I am open, maybe too open... I'll add it to the list :colondollar: I'm not that bad, I'm a good girl really.

If you want a copy of my essay I can send it to you. It's very good value for money and an interesting read :tongue:
Original post by picklescamp
my school is a college- year 7 to year 13 :smile:

what can I say I'm well smrt :u:

I am open, maybe too open... I'll add it to the list :colondollar: I'm not that bad, I'm a good girl really.

If you want a copy of my essay I can send it to you. It's very good value for money and an interesting read :tongue:
so youre 17 but but youre staying on and not going to uni

yay. Im sure you are. "good value" Il be the judge of that with the free trial version.
Well I reckon there is a few reasons, I'll try and briefly outline some of them below.

- Lack of social circle, I've had this issue all my life pretty much. I wouldn't say I have no friends they are just few in numbers! Until I finished school and in work for a few years I was super quiet, barely spoke to anyone, never spoke up in lessons or anything. Even now I'm still really quiet around people I've only just met but kind of normal around people I know, even then I still have my quiet phases. This inevitably leads me to getting friend-zoned by most females I happen to take a shine too as it takes me too long to feel comfortable to even think about asking them out. So my only real chances are at work with co-workers, which normally leads to me being friend-zoned before I know it. Probably classes as slight social anxiety? (I've never really looked into it)

- I don't really go out, if someone actually came upto me and said, fancy going for a few drinks or cinema etc then I'd more than likely say yes but I wouldn't be the one to suggest going out. I like peace and quiet to much!

- Appearance, I wouldn't say I'm bad looking but I know I'm far from good looking, having suffered later on from quite bad acne after only starting to get it at about 17/18 with it only really showing signs of recovering over the past year (although it still flairs up from time to time) it certainly didn't help my confidence (which isn't exactly sky high any of the time). I also have a bit of a belly (not like huge but could do to lose a stone, maybe a touch more, I'm about 5'8/9 and about 12 stone), I really need some motivation to get out on the bike to shed the weight, probably wouldn't even take that long as I've cut back on food already and started drinking plenty more water (where it was previously tea).

- Finally, it's annoying but every person who I think could be a potential girlfriend seems to be in a relationship, don't know why but I just seem to become attracted to women already in a relationship which is a touch crap.

One day I suppose I'll find someone. One day.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
so youre 17 but but youre staying on and not going to uni

yay. Im sure you are. "good value" Il be the judge of that with the free trial version.

I'm 17. I'm applying to uni in october :smile:

ah, I'll track down a free trial version for you. But they're in short supply because they're in very high demand :lol:
Original post by picklescamp
I'm 17. I'm applying to uni in october :smile:

ah, I'll track down a free trial version for you. But they're in short supply because they're in very high demand :lol:

nawww good luck
dont doubt for a moment
I'm overweight and far too picky for my league haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by drowzee
No one likes me and I like no one. :colonhash:

:colonhash:
Original post by Some Bad Karma
I have no intention of aiming to be in a long-term relationship anytime soon. Once my life is sorted then maybe I guess, that is, after education.

^^^This, two boys asked me out once when I was in year 8 and another one this year (year 10) and I reject them and I don't regret it tbh because I just don't want/not ready to be in a relationship I just want to finish my education first
Well where to begin...

Ugly, shy, no self esteem or confidence, out of shape

Friends with too many girls - i literally have 2 male friends, one I rarely see and the other is my best friends boyfriend.

Most of my friends are in long term relationships and/or live at least 100 miles away from me - hence no opportunity to go out and meet people. My social life is non existant since I finished uni, my life is go to work and come home to sit in an empty flat.

I've accepted that i'm just going to get old and die alone, it really sucks seeing all my friends all happy and loved up knowing i'll never get to experience that but if something was going to happen it would have by now. Nobody is going to want a 24 year old virgin who's never even been on a date.

Original post by Danny the Geezer
I just haven't found the right person, have health issues, and not exactly minted-I hope girls aren't as shallow as to date you according to your bank balance but hey they do.

I'm quite well off financially and i'm yet to see any evidence of that being true.
Because I didn't meet anyone in 1st year.

(Just kidding: I ended my last relationship in February, and haven't yet succumbed to the temptation to embark on another one.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending