The Student Room Group

Why do guys orbit girls?

And pass it off as being friends when its obvious that it's anything BUT friendship for the guy at least? This includes attractive guys who could/do get a lot of other girls but still cling onto that one/few girl/s regardless.

It's really unattractive from a girl's point of view. I've lost interest in guys many times when I see them doing this, it's just.. ugh.. I don't know how to explain the visceral feeling, but it's almost like disappointment and pity and resentment and disgust rolled into one.

What gives?

Are there any guys who DON'T do this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because if a girl is a fatso it has an effect similar to the moon where people in close proximity automatically orbit like the moon around a planet. They project a mighty gravitational pull due to their vast size .
Reply 2
Original post by Kozlov
Because if a girl is a fatso it has an effect similar to the moon where people in close proximity automatically orbit like the moon around a planet. They project a mighty gravitational pull due to their vast size .

jus go pls
Reply 3
Let's be honest; it's resentment.
Original post by Anonymous
And pass it off as being friends when its obvious that it's anything BUT friendship for the guy at least? This includes attractive guys who could/do get a lot of other girls but still cling onto that one/few girl/s regardless.

Surely it's obvious? They've got a crush/infatuation on the girl they're orbiting, they physically do not want the other girls that may be in their reach at that point in time. It's not really a difficult concept to grasp.
If I find somone that has mutual feelings then I'll focus on that person like a lion looking for a deer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by The_Blade
If I find somone that has mutual feelings then I'll focus on that person like a lion looking for a deer

Posted from TSR Mobile

And eat her like you eat cake?
Reply 7

It's really unattractive from a girl's point of view. I've lost interest in guys many times when I see them doing this, it's just.. ugh.. I don't know how to explain the visceral feeling, but it's almost like disappointment and pity and resentment and disgust rolled into one.

What gives?

orbit lol wow. u ever seen groupies? they're not male.
Original post by kkboyk
And eat her like you eat cake?

I'll eat her like I'm eating pu-Cat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Reue
Let's be honest; it's resentment.

Yeah true, I do wish I was that girl tbh

Funny how that works isn't it. I'm pining after one guy, who is pining after a different girl, who most likely has a boyfriend or not very interested in him. But I have people pining after me (who, not to be harsh, I could care less about but keep coming back) who most likely have girls pining after them... and the circle of life continues.

Sigh
Original post by Mick.w
orbit lol wow. u ever seen groupies? they're not male.

What do you mean?

Im only talking about guys in this case
Reply 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look out for this man on the sex offenders list

What gives?

It's probably because all expressions of interest in a girl are now deemed, by the rampantly vociferous and frequently cited social justice warriors, 'sexual objectification', 'stare rape' or 'pathological.'

I mean, as a society we must have publicised about 10,000 videos in the last month berating men for finding women sexually attractive. There's not a positive word been uttered about male sexuality via the BBC in the last 20 years - it's all 'rape', 'sexual objectification' and paedophilia.

In gist, can you blame males for being so utterly self-loathing, or terrified of women? All they have to do is cry 'rape' and they'll get believe, and even if a guy does get to the point of having sex with a girl, if she's drunk he's a rapist, if he can't account (in the form of a recording) for her 'continuous consent' he's a rapist.

I think the more apt question is: why are guys even going anywhere near girls these days?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
OP, we all know that you just want some guy who's too busy looking at another girl to notice you, and so you are coming on here to make yourself feel better by feigning recognition of some massive character flaw in the guy, or to obfuscate your purpose even further, guys in general.

There is nothing wrong with him - he just is not into you; there is also nothing wrong with you - in time you will meet someone who is right for you.
I'll eat her like I'm eating pu-Cat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't bring me into it :naughty:
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Surely it's obvious? They've got a crush/infatuation on the girl they're orbiting, they physically do not want the other girls that may be in their reach at that point in time. It's not really a difficult concept to grasp.

They do chase after other girls but still cling onto those select few for years it seems.

I'll be honest and say that i'm talking about a specific guy who did chase after me but I couldn't shake the feeling that if it did go anywhere, I'd be second best to HER (although she's a lovely girl from what I've seen) especially since I'd seen him being so consistently and obviously affectionate towards her a few months earlier and still continues to hang out with her.

It's mainly resentment I guess that I'm not in her place.
Shouldn't you be happy that they see you differently and aren't trying it with every girl?
They do chase after other girls but still cling onto those select few for years it seems.

I'll be honest and say that i'm talking about a specific guy who did chase after me but I couldn't shake the feeling that if it did go anywhere, I'd be second best to HER (although she's a lovely girl from what I've seen) especially since I'd seen him being so consistently and obviously affectionate towards her a few months earlier and still continues to hang out with her.

Lol u jelly fam
Original post by VannR
OP, we all know that you just want some guy who's too busy looking at another girl to notice you, and so you are coming on here to make yourself feel better by feigning recognition of some massive character flaw in the guy, or to obfuscate your purpose even further, guys in general.

There is nothing wrong with him - he just is not into you; there is also nothing wrong with you - in time you will meet someone who is right for you.

Read my post below:

And you are right I guess. You can't help who you're attracted to. I'm beginning to think I have him on a huge pedestal..

Original post by Retired_Messiah
Lol u jelly fam

yes.. yes I am

would you like a medal for that observation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending