The Student Room Group

job is stressing me out what to do?

since 2008 7 years ago i was 21, i have worked as a check in agent for easjet. but in this last few months i have become tired of this job.The truth is like one, two three years ago i thought it was the perfect job , the dream job, but it has become a job with its challenges and pain points, like constantly dealing with abusive passengers. i am torn as what to do shall, i quit and hand my notice notice and find another one, or remain in this job because the positives outweigh the negatives or simply because there are no much options out there to for me to choose from.it got to the point now literally i struggle to pull myself out of the bed each morning and get dressed for work. my motivation level for the work is at ground level zero . my time is spent forcing myself to spend 8 hours or more doing a job where my whole being would rather be doing something else surely it’s time to really sit myself down and weigh my options. Do i really want to get on like that? No matter how difficult and unexciting my job is if i no longer have the slightest motivation to get to work everyday it’s probably a sign to call it quits. please any help anyone?
Without meaning to sound condescending - welcome to life.

Start applying for other jobs. Take interviews. Once your get a job then leave. I went self-employed when I was 21 and I've never looked back. It was terrifying to give up a wage, it was terrifying to go without money, however I was able to get out of bed in the morning, I was able to feel self-worth, I was able to live my life the way I wanted to live it.

You only take so many breaths, you only live so many days, until one day you're done. Don't sit around procrastinating - if you've got the desire, if you've got the motivation, then get on with it. Most people aren't up for it, they say they want something better but they never go out and get it, they just fantasise inside their own head about what could happen and they'll sit there in dream mode convincing themselves that one day it will happen.

Of course, before they know it they are 40 years old, with a receding hair line, two kids, a wife and nothing but a collection of 'woe is me' stories about all the opportunities they never took, or rather all the opportunities they never had the gumption to reach for.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Without meaning to sound condescending - welcome to life.

Start applying for other jobs. Take interviews. Once your get a job then leave. I went self-employed when I was 21 and I've never looked back. It was terrifying to give up a wage, it was terrifying to go without money, however I was able to get out of bed in the morning, I was able to feel self-worth, I was able to live my life the way I wanted to live it.

You only take so many breaths, you only live so many days, until one day you're done. Don't sit around procrastinating - if you've got the desire, if you've got the motivation, then get on with it. Most people aren't up for it, they say they want something better but they never go out and get it, they just fantasise inside their own head about what could happen and they'll sit there in dream mode convincing themselves that one day it will happen.

Of course, before they know it they are 40 years old, with a receding hair line, two kids, a wife and nothing but a collection of 'woe is me' stories about all the opportunities they never took, or rather all the opportunities they never had the gumption to reach for.

How did you manage to give up your job to be self employed? Did you have someone to support you if things did not work out? Any tips? What business are you running? I would like to be my own boss but don't have the courage.
Reply 3
Yeah, kind of life. Not many people enjoy their jobs. I enjoy my job mostly but even then it has boring days, I have phases of CBA. No job is really a dream so you should probbaly start with not striving for the impossible.

But it does sound like you want a change and the most sensible way of doing that is applying for jobs now, without handing in your notice. You give ntoice once you've got something. If you end up unemployed it'd suck much more than having a job you don't like.

Quick Reply

Latest