The Student Room Group

Unemployment problem

I reckon the jobcentre should go easy on dolies (people claiming JSA among other benefits). If someone doesnt want a job then leave em skive on it for £70 or so per week. Jobs are hard enough to get for those who want them. I would rather some of my tax money go to a lazy bastard than me lose out on a job to a lazy bastard who was forced to apply for the same position. Jobcentre staff are all a bunch of [deleted word].

Another problem I see in this country is excessive taxes. It is way too hard to set a business up. There is far too much red tape and expenditure involved in running a business. Lowering this burden to a reasonable level (lets say 20% tax on profits and NOTHING else) would encourage more potential employers to set up in this country. From what I hear, many businesses have shut shop and moved abroad where taxes etc are so significant. Our government is spectacularly stupid!
I never understood why certain right-wingers are so determined to flood every recruitment department in the country with timewasting layabouts to go up against the people who actually want the jobs.

They must just want to punish them at any cost, including to the taxpayer, as you'd kick a daft dog in the face. Sadistic bastards.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Business tax only goes up to 21%, it's 20% for income under 300k.

I think the main issue with job centres is failing to treat people with respect (you're not going to engage with them if they treat you like scum), too many staff who don't give a **** (it's a cultural issue) and failure to help people with real problems (sometimes people do want a job but need some help to be ready for work, the current offer is **** and fails to grasp underlying issues)
Original post by BKS
Business tax only goes up to 21%, it's 20% for income under 300k.

I think the main issue with job centres is failing to treat people with respect (you're not going to engage with them if they treat you like scum), too many staff who don't give a **** (it's a cultural issue) and failure to help people with real problems (sometimes people do want a job but need some help to be ready for work, the current offer is **** and fails to grasp underlying issues)

Jobcentres should give people job related training and experience for those who request it. Obviously they cant teach you astrophysics but if someone wanted to learn a bit of welding or obtain an HGV license then the jobcentre should provide this opportunity. Nobody can afford training on JSA alone, which often goes a long way to perpetuating the reason they are claiming it anyway.
Original post by Anonymoùs
Jobcentres should give people job related training and experience for those who request it. Obviously they cant teach you astrophysics but if someone wanted to learn a bit of welding or obtain an HGV license then the jobcentre should provide this opportunity. Nobody can afford training on JSA alone, which often goes a long way to perpetuating the reason they are claiming it anyway.

They do offer work experience in a whole host of different sectors.

Have you ever been to a job centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, the government was so stupid. They shouldn't have followed in Uncle Sam's footsteps. Any war can cause big debts. That means more taxes needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to believe this. That there aren't enough jobs for everyone so let's leave these guys on the dole because there's no job for them.

I've 180°'d this view and decided benefits and the welfare state is what is harming both society and the environment, because it encourages waste. I lost my job last year so went to sign up for my free autismbux and they said 'sorry, you have too much savings, you can't get benefits. You will have to spend it first.' So I spent a lot that I otherwise wouldn't have if that lazy net was not there.

If there are no jobs, how are foreigners coming over here and taking them? Hell, I just started working again and wasn't difficult. To quote Yes Minister, 'there can be as much unemployment as we are prepared to pay in social security'. People just need to be more frugal and support eachother on a voluntary basis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending