The Student Room Group

Best year of school

Poll

Which school year did you enjoy most?

I'd say my favourite years would be either year 9 or 12. In year 9 you could piss around in class and there wouldn't be any real consequences. It was also the first time you started doing typical teenage activities like underage drinking staying out late with friends etc.

But I'd probably say year 12 was better as although AS levels were quite stressful there was also free periods, being treated like an adult by teachers and just an overall more chilled out atmosphere. Plus socials are ****ing brilliant.

Which would you say your favourite year was?

Scroll to see replies

My high school was really quite small (90 of us in a year) so we were so close with eachother in year 11 , it was really sweet (after we got over the childish bitching and fights in year 9/10 we all ended up being really close)
Original post by missaxo
My high school was really quite small (90 of us in a year) so we were so close with eachother in year 11 , it was really sweet (after we got over the childish bitching and fights in year 9/10 we all ended up being really close)

I experienced this too. Everybody knows everybody and they've had memories over the course of 5 years, so there's like 0 fights and no petty arguments. (In my experience).
My impression of each year

Year 7: Got picked on for being very small
Year 8: Got picked on for being small
Year 9: Big enough to defend ourselves and no serious work commitments - great year.
Year 10: More freedoms, GCSEs still far away -wooooooo
Year 11: Exams :/
Year 12: University
Year 13 Part 1: Admissions exams, interviews, omg
Year 13 part 2: Got into univrrsitye hahahahaha yeeeeey. Chilling out.

Id say Year 9 or 10
(edited 8 years ago)
Sixth form days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Year 6 and year 8.
For me, every year was special I guess :biggrin: I can't seem to pick one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Year 8 and year 12 without a doubt :yep:
Reply 9
Year 9
Year 12/13
Year 12-got the afternoon free on a Thursday and one of my friends got the afternoon free on a Friday, like that is so cool.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Year 10, without a shadow of a doubt!

Same,only because I thought I had found love. My first ex used to pick me up from school and you had some of th girls drooling over him asking who he was. I was so popular back then
Year 9, because it was the sweet spot.
Year 8 was awsome so much freedom, didnt get bullied as much but really enjoyed the year.

Year 12 was great too met a girl and really stepped up against bullies, see my school had a lot of pricks and in year 12 I was up to fight with whoever started on me, didnt look for trouble though
Original post by Foo.mp3
Wait, your ex picked you up when you were 15!? :s-smilie:

Yes,what's wrong with that? He would pick me up and then we would hang out at his place or mine until my parents returned from work. My house was pretty much empty and boring.
Reply 15
Absolutely fav years have to be year 10 and 11, i went to an all girls school so i felt so free to be who ever i wanted to be, genuinely loved my group of friends, loved my teachers, loved learning, had the biggest crush on my french teacher which made french periods fun, wouldn't swap those years for the world. :h:
I hated school in general, but probably year 8 since thats when we went on the most trips, also played rugby so travelled to other schools alot too.
Reply 17
Year 11-Year 13 all of it really it's hard to just pick one year
Year 11, because that was the year everyone grew up a bit and got along with each other and stopped the petty drama. Also the beginning of my adult life...and the last year of genuine happiness.
Year 12 was okay because it was quiet, with no drama whatsoever. Challenged myself a lot and got out of my shell. A levels are a life killer though.
The years after that have been a mess lol
Year 13 uni stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest