The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Harrow campus anyone?

Scroll to see replies

It's only the one semester there so it's several different classes only one of them being actual PR I think
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Oh right, well that sounds interesting :smile: im pretty sure PR is at Harrow campus, will you be staying at the accommodation there or have you got like somewhere elss to stay?
Hello to all of you in need of last minute accommodation! No need to stress!

We still have some last minute availability at our Shoreditch site, next door to Old Street tube station and close to a number of central Unis and at our Hoxton site, located very close to Hoxton Overground with fantastic transport links to central and East Unis!

Whether you're looking for en-suite bedrooms or self contained studios, there is a number of options with all-inclusive rents and fantastic social spaces.
Hi folks I'm skipping into the second year as a mature (I mean sort of... I'm 22) student doing Journalism on the Harrow campus and just got an account to see if I can potentially make like at least a sort of maybe friend before September... I'm a bit worried all the circles will have formed already in the freshers' year.

But hello everyone, aren't we all an arty bunch? I hear Charlie Brooker went here so we're bound to be incredibly cool.

High fives to everyone who went through Clearing. I promise (I've been to uni before, at the time you're supposed to) that literally nobody will give a **** in three months, including you. This looks like a tiny campus in a nice, if distant part of London. I saw some lecture halls where there were four rows of seats in total! That's brilliant!
Oh wow, swear filters- really? What is this, 2006?
Original post by yourhellionpal
Oh wow, swear filters- really? What is this, 2006?

What uni were you at before then? Or are you just going up into second yeah? Also will you be staying in halls then?
I live with mates in Stratford, which is about as far away as is humanly possible unfortunately.

I did do a course in English Lit for 2 years at Queen Mary's, but it was a massive course and I was a bit lost at 18 or 19. Dropped out after the second year and did an NCTJ, which is the qualification that got me on this course really. Been doing bits and bobs working and volunteering as a radio presenter ever since, never earning very much/ anything.

How about you, first year?
Yeah Stratford is a tad far haha. Well seems like youve been busy. This will be my first year of uni I did start a course in animal care level 3 before studying animation level 3 and getting to where I am now
That kind of makes sense though- cartoons and comics and animal stuff, or am I simplifying animation there? I'm into comics and cartoons but don't actually know the wide range of things people can do with an animation degree haha
I haven't been getting notifications for this and I am so mad! Sorry for dropping off the radar guys!

I already did a first year somewhere else, passed but realised the place just wasn't for me so I went through clearing and am starting over here! Only issue I'm currently having is nowhere to live and student finance. Oh the joys.
Well depends how deep you want to get into it haha. Theres like the tradition starting points of a thaumatrope or zoetropes and then flip books and stop motion (still life, clay, paper/shadow, etc.) then there's 2D animation and 3D animation and also comics, but to go with this theres also storyboarding, concept art, character/environment/prop design, then all the marketing and commercial art side of it :smile:
Hello! I'm not going to be studying at Westminster uni next year, but I do currently live literally just round the corner from the Harrow campus, so if you have any questions about the local area, I'd be very happy to be of any help I can!
Good luck to you all, hope you enjoy it :smile:
Original post by ilivingston
I haven't been getting notifications for this and I am so mad! Sorry for dropping off the radar guys!

I already did a first year somewhere else, passed but realised the place just wasn't for me so I went through clearing and am starting over here! Only issue I'm currently having is nowhere to live and student finance. Oh the joys.

Well that sucks, have you joined the facebook group yet as theres loads of flats being advertised there at the moment, if not there are a few private accommodation places with a few places left
ilivingston so we're both starting in the second year! Hooray! did you say you were doing photography? My pal did that and was really happy at Westminster
LeStrangeOne that sounds really cool- I'm not fmiliar with all the terms you're using but I love Aardman stop motion and I'm a bit of a comic book/ cartoon/ occasional anime and manga nerd. What do you want to go into?
I'm inda interested in the visual effects side even though I dont feel they really go into that much here, but in all honesty I think I'm just going to use this to get onto a pgce course for teacher training :smile:
Original post by yourhellionpal
ilivingston so we're both starting in the second year! Hooray! did you say you were doing photography? My pal did that and was really happy at Westminster

I was going to go into second year but with it being a new course and all I didn't want to be playing catch up and so I'm doing my first year again. LeStrangeOne I have managed to get accepted into that group and so I'm just looking around hoping for the best. I did also apply for halls!
Yup I accepted the offer just the other day so I'll be at Harrow. It looks wicked nice there. A single with it's own bathroom? That is serious luxury compared to my college in New York.
Reply 38
Hey, I'll be starting at the Harrow campus doing Fashion Merchandising Management. I'm staying in Victoria Hall in Wembley though!
Original post by Freya J
Hey, I'll be starting at the Harrow campus doing Fashion Merchandising Management. I'm staying in Victoria Hall in Wembley though!

Oh nice! I applied to stay there and Harrow halls and managed to get into Harrow halls so I'm pleased with that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending