The Student Room Group

Conception confusion

The due date I've been given is Thursday 17th of December.

I've calculated this and used different conception calculators and the most likely date of conception/ovulation I've come up with is Thursday 26th of March.

I'm just wondering could this mean I conceived BEFORE or AFTER this date. By after I only mean a day after.

I had sex on the 24th (a Tuesday) and then on the 27th (a Friday).

This past Thursday I was exactly 20 weeks according to measurements of the baby. I am now 20 weeks and 2days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cookiesandcream2
The due date I've been given is Thursday 17th of December.

I've calculated this and used different conception calculators and the most likely date of conception/ovulation I've come up with is Thursday 26th of March.

I'm just wondering could this mean I conceived BEFORE or AFTER this date. By after I only mean a day after.

I had sex on the 24th (a Tuesday) and then on the 27th (a Friday).

This past Thursday I was exactly 20 weeks according to measurements of the baby. I am now 20 weeks and 2days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure because I've never had a child, but I don't think they can ever be completely sure. I mean they can give you an estimation but it's not certain. Like when the woman doesn't know who the dad is on Jeremy Kyle, she may say she slept with 2 people in one week so they have to wait till the baby is born to know who the dad is, they can't 100% tell her from the dates.
Guessing it was two different people on 24th and 27th? Poster above is right - they can't be certain exactly when you conceived. Only way to be certain of fatherhood will be a DNA test, as you could have conceived on either of those dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I were the betting kind, I'd put my money on the Tuesday sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply