The Student Room Group

What this a little offensive to him even though I didn't mean it to be?

My boyfriend is quite a bit older than me, works in the building trade (self employed) but he hasn't been able to work for months due to a shoulder injury. He was telling me for a while that the NHS appointments are too far away and that he is losing lots of money through not working. He asked me to get him something off ebay (he doesn't have an account) which I did for £30. We were talking today he told me that he owes me this £30 and I said 'if you are short on money you know it doesn't matter' he laughed a bit and said ' no I'm not short on money I've got thousands in the account' from the house (he inherited the house when his mum died) I said 'oh ok well I thought with you not being able to work you might be short so I could let you off for the money' he said 'am I heck' and sounded offended.

My friend was laughing when I told her and said that what I suggested was offensive and came across as a bit nosey. What do you think?
This just shows that the devil is real
Hardly offensive. Reasonable conclusion. Well intended offer.
I guess the mum dying thing is probably the reason why he seemed a bit off. As in your question reminded him that actually he does have a lot of money, but not for a reason that makes him very happy.
Reply 4
Well from what I have heard if a men can't respect you as a woman giving him money he is not too mature. I would not take it seriously though, he did not sound that offended to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending