The Student Room Group

Is there really much point in buying expensive clothing do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Personally I think that it's not about how expensive your clothes are or whether the clothes are designer. I myself don't buy designer clothes because I just don't want to waste so much money on clothes, but that's just me. I'm perfectly fine with buying clothes from normal high street shops instead of designer companies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't that there is really much difference in the quality between big brands and budget clothes from supermarkets etc. The more expensive clothes might last a bit longer but probably not much difference. With clothing your paying for the label rather than solely on quality and style.

I can't tell what brand other people are wearing unless it is plastered all over the item of clothing or the person is bragging about how they have more money than sense
How is made from better material if it's 100% cotton lol. Is that some special designer cotton. People are so dumb. It's the name that makes the price.
I have designers top brands. And i can tell you the quality aint likehow it use to be. Unless the t-shirt is 100% cashmere or higher material. Designer t-shirts are a waste if they are made from 100% cotton or made in China your getting the same product as buying from Primark or the high street. Your getting fooled by the brand name. If the brand weren't a well known brand they couldn't sell the products at the price the designers do. Same wear and tear. I've got Gucci' s and I scratched them while kicking a curb on accident. Coats will rip the same as cheap coats and my d & g bag which is £995 has wear after a couple of months wear, just like a cheap bag with no name.

Quick Reply

Latest