The Student Room Group

At last,anjem cloudy charged with supporting ISIS.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChampEon
He's a sell-out. A liar. A conman. He's always asked to appear on TV on debates about Islam and always appears, like Jabba the Hutt at a buffet, doing nothing but spouting vitriolic nonsense essentially summarised as: Muslims are all on the verge of becoming extremists, and repeats it like a broken record. Every now and then he intersperses his rants with phrases like "I'm a Muslim" or "I get death threats", as if it makes his points seem more authentic or for sympathy.

He has no grassroots support inside the Muslim community and virtually none from even white British journalists, bloggers or politicians either. He creates strawman arguments to criticise Islam and then shoots them down whilst ending it with things like "but I love my Prophet". He rejects and makes facetious remarks about any criticism of Israel, bar none. He claims to be a devout Muslim (albeit moderate), yet gets drunk and visits strip clubs: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034312/The-married-Lib-Dem-feminist-drunken-strip-club-night-temptation-caught-camera.html (I understand these things alone aren't necessarily a bad thing but it shows he's a hypocrite and a liar). To top it all off, he's best buddies with Tommy Robinson, former leader of the EDL.

I believe even Jeremy Paxman is a better Muslim than this fascist sycophant. Worst thing is my good man Paxo isn't even a Muslim, which says a lot.

he was once an islamic fanatic of course which at least gives him some insight to that perspective. obviously the larger muslim community will deride him because i suspect they dont want to hear the truth about the problems in the islamic community. id say he , while may not be entirely genuine in his intentions, is giving a perspective that is sorely lacking form the muslims community, and one that needs to grow and be developed if any of their problems are going to be addressed, rather than just swept under the carpet
Reply 81
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :wink:
Original post by Kadak
Anjem Choudary charged with terror offence http://dailym.ai/1IkrBBQ

Thank the lord! I hate Anjem Chouhdry so much!
Original post by Reformed
he was once an islamic fanatic of course which at least gives him some insight to that perspective. obviously the larger muslim community will deride him because i suspect they dont want to hear the truth about the problems in the islamic community. id say he , while may not be entirely genuine in his intentions, is giving a perspective that is sorely lacking form the muslims community, and one that needs to grow and be developed if any of their problems are going to be addressed, rather than just swept under the carpet

I'm not saying these issues do not need to be addressed. On the contrary. I'm just acknowledging that a hateful liar who "may not be entirely genuine in his intentions" as you put it, is likely to be lying about having been a 'fanatic' and is therefore not the sort of person who should be involved in such debates. Anyone else but not that guy for God's sake.
I'm not saying these issues do not need to be addressed. On the contrary. I'm just acknowledging that a hateful liar who "may not be entirely genuine in his intentions" as you put it, is likely to be lying about having been a 'fanatic' and is therefore not the sort of person who should be involved in such debates. Anyone else but not that guy for God's sake.

quilliam was founded by known past islamists and fanatics -that is known. the points this guys makes have validity, anyone looking into the islamic community from outside can sse this easily, issues that the muslims themsleves cannot see or dont want to admit
Original post by Reformed
quilliam was founded by known past islamists and fanatics -that is known. the points this guys makes have validity, anyone looking into the islamic community from outside can sse this easily, issues that the muslims themsleves cannot see or dont want to admit

Of course you'd think their points have validity when all they do is repeat typical EDL-esque rhetoric :rolleyes:
Of course you'd think their points have validity when all they do is repeat typical EDL-esque rhetoric :rolleyes:

they go well beyond anything edl say. edl have an issue with muslims in general in this country only. they dont care about the bigger picture.

quilliam state the issue is bigger than uk, its the power islamists have within the islamic world, pulling the strings in the uk amoun gother places, in mosques funded by regiemes like saudi and qatar. and the guillablle muslim youth in the uk that are easy targets of rhetoric from islamists based abroad. anjem choudry is not a standalone figure , he will be given various topic of dsicssion from his powers that be abroad
Original post by interact
He turned to extremism to become a celebrity and so Muslims don't like being lectured by a man who was stupid enough to run away to Egypt and then has the audacity to state that the vast majority of Muslims are extremists. Yes, that's why they turned to Islamism Maajid Nawaz.

And don't forget they also turned when he said he's not bothered when people draw old mo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending