The Student Room Group

Slut shaming

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HigherMinion
>implying women who want a one-night stand care about player attitude. In fact, they like the sexually aggressive players for those kinds of occasions.

Now, long term relationships are different: women will look at a man's wealth and status rather than how many partners they have had or how good they are in the sack.

Differs from woman to woman I suppose. Most who consciously go for one night stands probably don't mind about the player attitude.

Those who have a spontaneous one night stand may be different, I have heard the whole "I wouldn't of slept with him if I had known he was such a player" a fair few times.
Original post by DanB1991
I have heard the whole "I wouldn't of slept with him if I had known he was such a player" a fair few times.

Don't believe them- they are trying to save face. They wanted sex and they found a guy who was probably fit/keen. I don't really like this sexual liberation where women actually do go for one night stands, but they are certainly the ones in the driving seat- not the "players". The "players" are the ones being played, for they must be chosen.
Don't believe them- they are trying to save face. They wanted sex and they found a guy who was probably fit/keen. I don't really like this sexual liberation where women actually do go for one night stands, but they are certainly the ones in the driving seat- not the "players". The "players" are the ones being played, for they must be chosen.

I think it's part of the whole spontaneous drunk thing everyone does. We all do things drunk, which lacks foresight, it's one of the first things you struggle to do due to how alcohol affects the brain. Most women will openly admit it's to save face, albeit if they had that foresight at the time they would of either not bothered or gone for someone else.

It may be due to the fact some girls fool themselves in the morning it may turn into something else, the fear of sti's, it makes them feel less special etc.

My mate did tell me she wished she hadn't slept with a 'player' because of the extra bad rep that entails. After all it is seen as worse to be seen sleeping with a player etc.

Imo opinion such women don't really go for players because they are players. They go for people they find attractive or that they know is good in bed. From life experience I can tell you the amount they've had is no guarantee how good they are in bed. Technically speaking someone in a 2 year relationship could of had much more sex and as such had much more practice.
Original post by DanB1991
So now you're agreeing men can't pull whenever they want? :laugh:

Even if that was true, for one night stands most women wouldn't even know if that bloke was a player or not.

Of course they can. They just can't go around hitting on everyone in the bar like some kind of frustrated rapist.

Unfortunately, some men sabotage their own chances.
Original post by cole-slaw
What a load of abject nonsense.

If you're a half-way decent looking man, getting laid is about as hard as falling off a rock.

Rubbish. A lot of your average type men are half-way decent looking. They're not all about getting laid. Unless you're extremely attractive, the likes of Matt Bomer etc, the average man has to go through a lot of **** to get laid.

And anyway, you missed the point the guy you quoted made. For women, it's considerably easier. The average woman, if she wanted, could get laid whenever she wants.

That said, no one should be labelled a slut. The phenomenon of a slut is a socially constructed concept to defame women (or men). If a woman sleeps around with a lot of guys it does not make her a slut. Everyone has the right to exercise their sexuality.
(edited 8 years ago)
>implying women who want a one-night stand care about player attitude. In fact, they like the sexually aggressive players for those kinds of occasions.

Now, long term relationships are different: women will look at a man's wealth and status rather than how many partners they have had or how good they are in the sack.

Anyone who describes themselves as a "player" is really just a dickhead. Contrary to popular belief, girls don't actually tend to go for dickheads once they get past the age of 17.
Original post by kprime2
Rubbish. A lot of your average type men are half-way decent looking. They're not all about getting laid. Unless you're extremely attractive, the likes of Matt Bomer etc, the average man has to go through a lot of **** to get laid.

And anyway, you missed the point the guy you quoted made. For women, it's considerably easier. The average woman, if she wanted, could get laid whenever she wants.

Not true. The average woman and the average man have to put in the exact same amount of effort.
I'm a slut, shame away you c*nts
Not true. The average woman and the average man have to put in the exact same amount of effort.

quoting it from that article since it puts it nicely:
'Most guys don’t give a **** about girls style, race, where she went to school, or what she does for living when their sole objective is to fornicate with them. Whether she’s an indie-punk chick, a hipster, a quirky nerdy girl, a beauty queen, a preppy, a sexy tomboy, or even one of the few genuinely attractive hardcore feminazis, their pussies are all warm, pink, and moist on the inside.'
This is so true. If a guy's objective is to just sleep with a girl, the only thing that matters to him is how she appears physically. He couldn't care less what type of girl she is in terms of personality. Whereas for women it is a lot more complicated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone who describes themselves as a "player" is really just a dickhead. Contrary to popular belief, girls don't actually tend to go for dickheads once they get past the age of 17.

There are a demographic of girls and boys who do not grow up past the age of 17. This is my point. Neither seek commitment, only pleasure.
Reply 70
What a load of naive, ignorant, misinformed, sexist rubbish. Are you a frustrated 13 year old who has just stumbled upon PUAhate website for the first time?

LOL-really now? Strike a slight chord did I...
Anyway, 19 year old girl actually :wink:. I wasn't shaming your leanings and preferences at all,merely disagreeing on the supposed universality of them-sorry if it came across as such.
Reply 71
Original post by K.C
no one needs to be shamed

This! Totally agree.

Quick Reply

Latest