The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Going into my second year at Keele - Ask Me Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by david066
Is there any off site parking at keele university?

In all honesty I don't drive so i have never really looked into it, If you are living on campus there is usually a car park at your halls although im not sure whether you will need a permit or not. If you are off campus then usually people park in the large car park next to the SU (always spaces available) but for that you need a parking permit.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
For the careers fair are companies such as pwc and other big firms present or is it only small to medium Sized firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by C0nfused_Student
Hello,

I am about to begin my second year at Keele University; this forum helped me a lot when I was about start in my first year so I figured why not add to the forum and potentially help out some people :smile:

Ask Away!

Hello! :smile:
I'm going in soon, i was wondering that during freshers week if I'm going alone because i don't know anyone there, will it be awkward?
Also they have a day for locals that aren't living on campus, if i go alone, would i get lost?
Original post by Ghaniza
Hello! :smile:
I'm going in soon, i was wondering that during freshers week if I'm going alone because i don't know anyone there, will it be awkward?
Also they have a day for locals that aren't living on campus, if i go alone, would i get lost?

Are you going to be living off campus alone or will you be living with other students? If you are going to be with students you should be fine as i'm sure you will be able to join them with attending freshers. If you will be alone it kind of depends on your personality and how easy you find it to get talking to new people, id recommend attempting to get talking with people online on facebook etc and any relevant societies you feel you would be interested in, that way it will be an excuse to go up to somebody and talk if you recognise them.

Are you primarily meaning freshers fairs or freshers nights?

Just remember that during freshers everyone will be wanting to make friends so you should have no problem in finding people to be with.

As for getting lost for the locals event, last year they had a bbq 'outback'(part of the SU building). To get there you simply walk into the main entrance of the Students Union and you will see glass doors on the other side of the building beyond the stairs, these doors take you to a seating area outside; its pretty easy to find just don't panic and if you do get lost don't be afraid of asking people. I'm not sure if that is the same plan as this year, if you like you can tell me where they will be meeting and i can attempt to give you instructions on how you get there?
Reply 44
Did you know of many people living at Caledonia mills? Im worried about there not being many first year students
Reply 45
Are you going to be living off campus alone or will you be living with other students? If you are going to be with students you should be fine as i'm sure you will be able to join them with attending freshers. If you will be alone it kind of depends on your personality and how easy you find it to get talking to new people, id recommend attempting to get talking with people online on facebook etc and any relevant societies you feel you would be interested in, that way it will be an excuse to go up to somebody and talk if you recognise them.

Are you primarily meaning freshers fairs or freshers nights?

Just remember that during freshers everyone will be wanting to make friends so you should have no problem in finding people to be with.

As for getting lost for the locals event, last year they had a bbq 'outback'(part of the SU building). To get there you simply walk into the main entrance of the Students Union and you will see glass doors on the other side of the building beyond the stairs, these doors take you to a seating area outside; its pretty easy to find just don't panic and if you do get lost don't be afraid of asking people. I'm not sure if that is the same plan as this year, if you like you can tell me where they will be meeting and i can attempt to give you instructions on how you get there?

Well the first year i will be living home. And yeah i guess i will have to be less anti social and talk with other students. Because living home is a different experience to living on campus. And i meant freshers fairs or the stuff they do on September 16th for people who aren't living on campus.
Thankyou that was very helpful
This might seem a bit of a random question but if I was getting the train to stoke, is there a bus to keele? If so where does it stop on campus? Thanks!
Original post by Hanlouise96
This might seem a bit of a random question but if I was getting the train to stoke, is there a bus to keele? If so where does it stop on campus? Thanks!

You get the number 3 from the bus stop across the road from Stoke-On-Trent train station. It takes around 25-30 minutes and it stops at various stops around campus but the norm is to get off outside the SU then go wherever on campus you need to be.

I think its £2 but probably cheaper with a student pass.
Original post by Ghaniza
Well the first year i will be living home. And yeah i guess i will have to be less anti social and talk with other students. Because living home is a different experience to living on campus. And i meant freshers fairs or the stuff they do on September 16th for people who aren't living on campus.
Thankyou that was very helpful

Oh, sorry I don't know much about the earlier freshers fair. I guess the majority of people there will be in the same position as you so I'm sure everyone will be really friendly and also wanting somebody to make friends with so that they aren't alone. I think i saw quite a lot of things put on by Keele/KeeleSU for off campus and local students so I'm sure there will be plenty to do.

Also, if you do find it hard making friends during the freshers fair or freshers, its not the end of the world, i know a few people that never attended any freshers events. You will undoubtedly make friends during classes/societies or anything else throughout the year. If I have any advice at all it would be not to worry and to just put yourself out there and get talking to people, 95% the person will be willing to talk and be really friendly.
Reply 49
Oh, sorry I don't know much about the earlier freshers fair. I guess the majority of people there will be in the same position as you so I'm sure everyone will be really friendly and also wanting somebody to make friends with so that they aren't alone. I think i saw quite a lot of things put on by Keele/KeeleSU for off campus and local students so I'm sure there will be plenty to do.

Also, if you do find it hard making friends during the freshers fair or freshers, its not the end of the world, i know a few people that never attended any freshers events. You will undoubtedly make friends during classes/societies or anything else throughout the year. If I have any advice at all it would be not to worry and to just put yourself out there and get talking to people, 95% the person will be willing to talk and be really friendly.

Thankyou for the advice, yes i figured that i would have to put myself out there.
I guess it helps that we will all be in the same boat, so would be easier to bond with others and get talking

Thankyou though, was helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest