The Student Room Group

a levels after 18 worried about age gap!

It isnt gap years but I am about to complete my BTEC in business,i dont want to carry on with business and want to open my options as I am thinking about a health related degree I am going to take chem and bio this year, but the age diffrence is kinda getting to me. The ideal student would complete they alevels at 18 and go no to university but i will be still taking them.

am i the only one leaving it late?
Not at all- lots of people do A-levels who are much older than you. I'm not sure if a school sixth form would accept you, but a sixth form college probably would and an FE college definitely would. In the latter, there are people of all ages, so it wouldn't be a problem at all, and even in the former, everyone is over 16 and shouldn't be bothered about the slight age gap.
Reply 2
Yh True Thanks I Will Be Going To A College Six Form Centre So True There Will Be Diffrent Age Groups
Well I'm spending an extra year at another college to gain more A-levels. On the one hand yes I am older than the others, and do wish I was at uni now, I'm actually loving the people, having fun at parties, and the girls are still close enough in age :wink:.
I wouldn't worry about it mate, relax!
My friend dropped out after year 11. He's going back to start A-Levels for the next academic year, by which time he'll be 19 alongside 16 year olds, while other people his age will be startig their second year at uni. When you're in the classroom the age gap doesn't really matter. The most important thing for you is getting the qualifications you want. :smile:
Reply 5
I'm in my second year of A-Levels, and I am 21 now.

I started my a-levels at the age of 19 almost 20. Started my second year at 20 nearly 21. Now I am nearly 21 and a half.

Prior to a-levels I did different courses. Never knew what I wanted to do really. But when I was 16, I was nowhere near as intelligent as I am now. I can only speak for myself, but when I was 16 I was stupid lol, and now I'm not. I know that if I did a-levels at a younger age than what I am, I would probably struggle. (Hope nobody is offended by me saying this, I am PURELY speaking for myself.)

There's some people older than me. Most are younger than me. But it doesn't bother me. Some of my m8s take the piss that I'm so old though, but it's just fun. And I'm gettin qualifications too, so that's all that matters.
Reply 6
Thanks guys made me feel much better :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending