The Student Room Group

Will this get me into a decent university for business management?

I'm new here and i have been totally stressed recently.....

I am an AS student and i aim aiming for and sure i will achive 2 A's in applied business....

But i'm doing History as my other A level...i am very scared because i think i may not be able to even achive an C grade in the subject......(1800 Brtish political history :angry:)

Can anyone give me advice on passing my history with a C?

And would AAC get me into a university for business management such as Bristol, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester?

Thanks alot!
Reply 1
bristol rules....anyway i did the same module as you i think (disralie?) Just make sure you have loads of quotes from 4 or 5 reliable historians and make sure you do some past papers and get your teacher to grade them. Also work your arse off on your coursework :smile:
Reply 2
To be brutally honest, business studies is not very well regarded amongst top universities and so you will probably find it harder to get an offer to those universities with AAC than if you were studying traditional academic subjects. If you get lower than a C grade in History then I have to say your chances are unlikely.

It does depend on the course though. A competitive course such as Economics at a top 10 university would probably be out of the question with an AAD - but if you want to study a less competitive course, or Business Studies or the like where your AA is Business would likely be better regarded, then you have a decent chance at a top 15 university I would say. (edit- ahh i see you wrote that you do want to business at uni)

But I'm just a student myself so ultimately I'm just speculating.

edit: ^ the guy above goes to UWE. You want to go to Bristol University right?
Reply 3
girl and yes im at Uni, but bristol as a city is ace, Uwe isnt a bad uni either
Reply 4
320 points for Aston is AAC. It's top 15 and highly regarded.
Reply 5
Metaphors
I'm new here and i have been totally stressed recently.....

I am an AS student and i aim aiming for and sure i will achive 2 A's in applied business....

But i'm doing History as my other A level...i am very scared because i think i may not be able to even achive an C grade in the subject......(1800 Brtish political history :angry:)

Can anyone give me advice on passing my history with a C?

And would AAC get me into a university for business management such as Bristol, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester?

Thanks alot!

Is that the Corn Laws, Peel, 1832, Chartism etc???? I loved 19th century Britain and Europe, ah the joys of bedchamber crisis and the potwalloper boroughs.
You will easily get into Durham, we are very flexible on the business programmes.
Reply 6
Do Bristol even do Business Management? I thought they only had a finance related degree in their business deaprtment..
Reply 7
I hear Warwick have a good Business school but I don't think they accept an A-level in business.
Reply 8
Lol i dont think this bloke cares hes only made on post and its the first one :frown:
Reply 9
Lol..
Reply 10
Dont get how everyone thinks the unis hate Business Studies so much.
For the more reputable, its not their favourite but I doubt you go on any kind of blacklist.

Warwick takes Business Studies
I'm in a pretty similar position as the OP, with Economics being my bad subject. I'm sure if you are applying to Uni to do a business course then they will want you to have an A-Level in business.
Reply 12
I don't think its as important as one may think.

Latest

Trending

Trending