The Student Room Group

Welbeck dsfc 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
well i failed my medical when i did mine because they made me do push ups in my underwear.
Original post by 890p9
well i failed my medical when i did mine because they made me do push ups in my underwear.

Same here, but it's only like 10 right? Any chance you can get another go,

Oh also what about that made you fail?
Original post by xJARSx
Hey all,

Sorry I feel like I'm spamming this chat a bit...

Just wondering if anyone else has been shortlisted for AOSB? I just got an email saying I have but I haven't even been on GAICO yet...

i have been shortlisted for the AOSB as well, but i have been to the GAICO...
Original post by tom_m99

I think that's the case for most. Are you going Crowborough
Original post by H.anand
I think that's the case for most. Are you going Crowborough

AOSB always at westbury.

My GAICO is Crowborough too, like the 18th to the 20th of Feb I think
Original post by tom_m99

Can you tell me what happens at GAICO and what it's like please?
Original post by xJARSx
AOSB always at westbury.

My GAICO is Crowborough too, like the 18th to the 20th of Feb I think

My one is 16th-18th of February so we might be on the same one. You do navigating, drill, they teach you basic military principles and do some PT. The camp is run by ex Gurkas so the food is nice.
Hahaha awesome.

Is the PT our final fitness tests (the run, pressups and sit-ups) or is it just random PT?
Oh also, is it just people our age or are there other people too? At my medical I was the only child
Original post by xJARSx
Oh also, is it just people our age or are there other people too? At my medical I was the only child

On the one I went to it was only children. The PT is not the final assessment but make sure your in decent shape so your not back of the pack. I'll see you there in a weeks time.
Original post by H.anand
On the one I went to it was only children. The PT is not the final assessment but make sure your in decent shape so your not back of the pack. I'll see you there in a weeks time.

Oh ok thanks,

If you don't mind PM me your name or something so I will know it's you. Is it like Harry or something?

See you soon...

Jacob.
Original post by xJARSx
Can you tell me what happens at GAICO and what it's like please?

I whent to the one last year at altcar and we started of serving getting some scoff and sorting out the dorms, after that you get told what's going to happen and then we went on to do an ice breaker of around 5 minutes each( all of this GAICO being assessed) and on to the 1.5 mile run( most aim for under 10,minutes -welbeck requires 10:30 or less for males) , followed by some time sorting kit out.
the second day, up at 6 for pt then a brief on the day(kind of) then We marched onto the training area where we where shown how to assemble basha' s and then had to make our own,then we did some command tasks, followed by some basic military lessons. Night time on the second day we were given a type of mission brief and then had to perform certain tasks in tactical conditions as part of a recce patrol styled exercise, finishing at around 11 then going back to the harbour area and starting stag duties. The final day gives you time to get cleaned up and hand your kit in, ( after an orienteering race) and then finally onto the planning exercise which is observed/assessed by an officer and that's it really....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you guys got Facebook? We could set up a group chat for applicants on their to get to know each other??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tom_m99
Have you guys got Facebook? We could set up a group chat for applicants on their to get to know each other??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can add me. My name is Hursh Anand.
Original post by tom_m99

Posted from TSR Mobile

[QUOTE="H.anand;62578019"]You can add me. My name is Hursh
(edited 5 years ago)
My names tom Mozley btw, and what's your profile pictures?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tom_m99
My names tom Mozley btw, and what's your profile pictures?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by tom_m99

Can you tell me what kind of PT you did in your GAICO? I've got mine in Beckingham from the 23rd-25th. My facebook is Mojan Kingston.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mojan Eva
Can you tell me what kind of PT you did in your GAICO? I've got mine in Beckingham from the 23rd-25th. My facebook is Mojan Kingston.

Ye you kinda just do the 1.5 mile run aiming for under 10 minutes (welbeck requires 10:30 or less for males) and then the day after its like an introduction to pt so you do some sit-ups press ups squats, just some fun exercises that don't really count for anything really and then an orienteering race which is normally around the whole camp and is timed, plus you have to solve an angoras at the end which is fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Cool. It sounds fun. Are there many girls?

Quick Reply

Latest