The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Official Ask Anglia Ruskin Thread

Hello,

The purpose of this thread is to answer any queries you may have about studying at Anglia Ruskin University. It is managed by friendly ARU staff who are happy to help you out, whether it be for course information, accommodation, or student life and societies.

We'll be available to respond to your questions and queries Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, and will always respond to your queries as soon as possible.

Don’t hesitate and get in touch!

Team ARU :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello there!

I applied for Medical Technology MSc and I am still waiting for a decision.
What do I have to do to secure an accommodation if I get an offer?

Please help me guys!

Thank you for your help in advance!
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by Miguelito14
Hello there!

I applied for Medical Technology MSc and I am still waiting for a decision.
What do I have to do to secure an accommodation if I get an offer?

Please help me guys!

Thank you for your help in advance!

Hello Miguelito14,

We understand these are exciting times for you, and whilst you are being patient for a decision to be made, you can familiarise yourself with the accomodation options we can offer you here: http://www.anglia.ac.uk/housing

Good Luck in your application!

Charlie
Official ARU Representative
Hi :smile:

I've just applied for accommodation in Cambridge (CB1) and was just wondering if I'm allowed to bring a mini fridge with me on arrival? :colondollar:
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Hi :smile:

I've just applied for accommodation in Cambridge (CB1) and was just wondering if I'm allowed to bring a mini fridge with me on arrival? :colondollar:

Hello :smile:

Once you have confirmed your booking for accommodation in CB1, you will need to seek approval from CB1 management, you can do this by contacting them direct:

[email protected]
01223 612010

Hope this helps, and hopefully you can bring a long your mini fridge!!:smile:

Charlie
ARU Official Rep
Reply 5
Hi,

I have just been offered a place on the Vet Nursing and Applied Animal Behaviour BSc degree programme, and the website says that the course is split between the College of West Anglia and ARU Cambridge Campus- I was just wondering whether I can apply for the Uni accommodation, or whether I have to apply for private housing because of the link with the College?
Original post by Lily17
Hi,

I have just been offered a place on the Vet Nursing and Applied Animal Behaviour BSc degree programme, and the website says that the course is split between the College of West Anglia and ARU Cambridge Campus- I was just wondering whether I can apply for the Uni accommodation, or whether I have to apply for private housing because of the link with the College?

Hello Lily17 :smile:,

Firstly, Welcome to ARU and congratulations on securing your place!

You can apply for university accomdation, which can be found here: www.anglia.ac.uk/housing

Hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you in September!:smile:

Charlie
ARU Official Rep
Reply 7
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hello Lily17 :smile:,

Firstly, Welcome to ARU and congratulations on securing your place!

You can apply for university accomdation, which can be found here: www.anglia.ac.uk/housing

Hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you in September!:smile:

Charlie
ARU Official Rep

Brilliant! Thanks for your help- really excited about starting!
I managed get myself on the reserve waiting list for Nursing degree

What are my chances of actually getting the course?

Any info would be much appreciated!!
I want to apply to BSc Fine Art in clearing, but I didn't do art at A Level, only Art and Design at GCSE (where I got A*A*), I only have a few painting and my work from GSCE as a portfolio - is there a any chance of being offered a place? I got BBC at A Level, and an extra B and C at AS.
Original post by Liberty.
I want to apply to BSc Fine Art in clearing, but I didn't do art at A Level, only Art and Design at GCSE (where I got A*A*), I only have a few painting and my work from GSCE as a portfolio - is there a any chance of being offered a place? I got BBC at A Level, and an extra B and C at AS.

Hello!:smile:

We treat every application individually and our main emphasis is on the portfolio and passion for the subject. We'd love to talk to you about the possibility of an interview so please call us on 01223 698 444

Hope this helps, and we look forward to speaking to you soon :smile:

Charlie
Official ARU Rep
Hello, I'm starting my first year of the psychology course in September however I'm a little stressed about oral presentations. How often will I have to do one and will it be on my own or in a group? Also what happens if someone doesn't want to do an oral presentation cause they find it difficult ?
Original post by StudentMaybe
I managed get myself on the reserve waiting list for Nursing degree

What are my chances of actually getting the course?

Any info would be much appreciated!!

Could you send us a private message so we can discuss in further detail please?

Thank you :smile:

Charlie
ARU Official Rep
Original post by Ellebelle97
Hello, I'm starting my first year of the psychology course in September however I'm a little stressed about oral presentations. How often will I have to do one and will it be on my own or in a group? Also what happens if someone doesn't want to do an oral presentation cause they find it difficult ?

Hello Ellebelle97 :smile:

Oral presentations are an important activity in the majority of Psychology
courses within the UK. You may be surprised to hear that most students find these anxiety provoking at first. But oral presentations equip you with very necessary transferable skills that will prove an asset in your future studies or employment.

Our staff are approachable and understanding. So you shouldn’t
worry; we’ll guide you through these. We are thrilled that you’ve chosen to study Psychology at Anglia Ruskin University this coming year. We are certain that your experience will be a positive one and look forward to meeting you shortly!

If you have any further queries, or would like a chat with one of our lecturers, please send me a private message and I will be happy to help you :smile:

Charlie
ARU Official Rep
Regarding the Chelmsford campus

1 where do I get freshers tickets from/ any deals?

2 extra curricular- anything decent? (Other languages, dance, cooking...)

3 what's the gym like?

4 what's the nightlife like in town and on campus?

Ta my lovelies
Hi!

I just wanted to check what the official date for Freshers week is? I've just got a bit confused with the Freshers parties seeming to start in the middle of the week and then going on for two and a half weeks :L It doesn't help that my accommodation tenancy starts a week earlier than even that :L

Thank you
Original post by tshirthappy
Hi!

I just wanted to check what the official date for Freshers week is? I've just got a bit confused with the Freshers parties seeming to start in the middle of the week and then going on for two and a half weeks :L It doesn't help that my accommodation tenancy starts a week earlier than even that :L

Thank you

Hello! :smile:

Our Freshers week begins on the 19
th September, which runs through until the 27th September. The Chelmsford Freshers fair is on the 23rd September, with the Cambridge Freshers Fair on the 25th September. To find out more, and to book tickets, please visit
http://www.angliastudent.com/freshers/home/

Hope this helps, and we look forward to seeing you in September :smile:

Charlie
Official ARU Rep
Original post by jackbuddyolboy
Regarding the Chelmsford campus

1 where do I get freshers tickets from/ any deals?

2 extra curricular- anything decent? (Other languages, dance, cooking...)

3 what's the gym like?

4 what's the nightlife like in town and on campus?

Ta my lovelies

Hello! :smile:

Freshers Week

Our Freshers week begins on 19
th September, which runs through until 27th September. The Chelmsford Freshers fair takes place on 23rd September, with the Cambridge Freshers Fair on the 25th . To find out more, and to book tickets, please visit:
http://www.angliastudent.com/freshers/home/

Extra Curricular Activities

We have a wide variety of sports clubs and societies on campus. These range from Football and Cricket clubs, to Culture and Linguistics societies. To see them all, visit http://www.anglia.ac.uk/student-life/sports-and-societies

And what’s more, if we don’t already have the society you are looking to join, then you can create it yourself!

Our Campus Gym

In Chelmsford, our gym is in the Mildmay Sports Centre. Changing and shower facilities are also available here.

The gym offers:

Cardiovascular (CV) machines including treadmills, cross-trainers, bikes and Concept II rower

Resistance machines

Free weights including half rack, Olympic bars, benches and dumb bells

Warm up/stretch area

Opening hours

Monday to Friday: 8.30-22.00
Saturday and Sunday: 9.00-18.00

Mildmay Sports Centre gym membership includes a free fitness induction and the option of fitness programmes and personal training sessions tailored for youfor a small charge

To find out more about our gym, and the extensive range of facilities we provide, visit: http://ww2.anglia.ac.uk/ruskin/en/home/microsites/active_anglia/facilities.html

Nightlife in Chelmsford/on Campus

The nightlife around Chelmsford has something for everyone, with plenty of bars and clubs to choose from. We also have our own Student Union Bar on campus too, which is a great place to meet new people! If clubbing isn’t your thing, we have an Odeon cinema nearby to our campus, plus the Civic Theatre and plenty of restaurants including Nandos, Giraffe, Prezzo, Pizza Express and many more!

The Chelmsford train station is a 10 minute walk from our campus, and takes just 35 minutes to go directly into Stratford and London Liverpool Street so London and all it offers not far at all.

To find out more about our Chelmsford campus, visit http://www.anglia.ac.uk/student-life/life-on-campus/chelmsford-campus/living-in-chelmsford

Hope
this helps, and we look forward to seeing you in September:smile:

Charlie
ARU Official Rep
Reply 18
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hello,

The purpose of this thread is to answer any queries you may have about studying at Anglia Ruskin University. It is managed by three current students, who are loving their time at ARU so far and will be here for you until the end of August.

Charlie is a third year Business Management student, who studies at the Chelmsford Campus. Any questions you may have about a business management course or living in Chelmsford, he is here to help you.

Aqila is a Master’s degree student, studying Biotechnology at the Cambridge Campus, having graduated with a Biomedical Science degree. She is here to answer any queries you may have about living in Cambridge or studying an undergraduate and postgraduate degree.

And Tim, our first year Computer Games Art student, who studies at the Cambridge Campus is here to answer your queries about living in Cambridge and what it is like to study a degree in computer games art.

They are all here to help you, whether it be for courses and accommodation, or student life and societies, they’ve got it covered.

So don’t hesitate and get in touch.

Charlie, Aqila and Tim :smile:

i have not got an email about when i actually start but i did get a confirmation letter on my UCAS so when will the university email me.
Original post by asil11
i have not got an email about when i actually start but i did get a confirmation letter on my UCAS so when will the university email me.

Could please send me a private message so I can look into this for you?

Thank you!

Charlie
ARU Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest