The Student Room Group

Liberal Arts

I just got a place at King's college London for Liberal Arts, but just how useful is this course?
You should've thought about that before you applied. :s-smilie: But KCL is good no matter what course you do.
Reply 2
Original post by driftawaay
You should've thought about that before you applied. :s-smilie: But KCL is good no matter what course you do.

I thought I had contemplated about this course enough at the time I applied, but lately I've been massively discouraged by everyone telling me how little possibility it holds for the future. :/
Original post by Amimi
I thought I had contemplated about this course enough at the time I applied, but lately I've been massively discouraged by everyone telling me how little possibility it holds for the future. :/

Well it doesn't have a clear focus, it's just a bunch of things mixed in so in practical terms it isn't useful and won't help you gain knowledge of a particular area like History or English either. But KCL is a great uni so if you get lots of work experience and stuff to put on your CV, you still have plenty of career options that won't require a specific degree. Do you know what you want to do after your degree?
Reply 4
Original post by driftawaay
Well it doesn't have a clear focus, it's just a bunch of things mixed in so in practical terms it isn't useful and won't help you gain knowledge of a particular area like History or English either. But KCL is a great uni so if you get lots of work experience and stuff to put on your CV, you still have plenty of career options that won't require a specific degree. Do you know what you want to do after your degree?

Nope, I haven't got a clue about what I want to do with my life. This uncertainty I had when it came to subjects was what made me choose Liberal Arts. Since I don't have a passion for anything in particular at the moment, I thought I would take Liberal arts and try to recognize what I have a leaning for. But, I am going to have to invest a lot of money and time while doing this course, so I can't exactly ignore when people question the reality of this course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending