The Student Room Group

Predict AQA Chemistry and Biology Grade Boundaries 2015

2014 Grade Boundaries: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2014.PDF

My predictions:
CHEM4
A* - 86
A - 79
B - 72
C - 66

CHEM5
A* - 82A - 74B - 66C - 58

BIO4
Biology stays pretty much constant, maybe 1 mark increase for each grade

BIO5
Stays constant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ps1265A
2014 Grade Boundaries: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2014.PDF

My predictions:
CHEM4
A* - 86
A - 79
B - 72
C - 66

CHEM5

BIO4

BIO5
Stays constant

I agree with you for both the Chem 4 and 5 but I wouldn't be surprised if its 85 for an A* in Chem 4. For Bio 4, I think the grade boundaries will decrease ( 56 for A* and 51 for A). The paper wasn't hard but it was quite unusual paper with unusual question. For Bio 5, the grade boundaries will definitely increase (since most people found it relatively easy) so 70 for an A* and 64 for A.
Reply 2
Chem 6X prediction?
Biol5 - 65%-70% fairly easy q's.
The others seem good.
Reply 4
Original post by BigW1098
Chem 6X prediction?

A decrease - 39 A*

Definitely more challenging especially section C! Maybe I found it challenging because we did it early unlike other schools :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by ps1265A
A decrease - 39 A*

Definitely more challenging especially section C! Maybe I found it challenging because we did it early unlike other schools :wink:
That would be a Godsend if that happened hopefully it does, many people I talked to said 41. And ah yes i get what you mean :tongue:. Really need the empa and chem 5 to be astars and hopefully 56-60 Ums in empa so I can make up for a terrible chem 4 which is looking like a scrapper a :frown: and hopefully by some miracle Nick the Astar in chem
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
That would be a Godsend if that happened hopefully it does, many people I talked to said 41. And ah yes i get what you mean :tongue:. Really need the empa and chem 5 to be astars and hopefully 56-60 Ums n empa so I can make up for a terrible chem 4 which is looking like a scrapper a :frown:

Oh, did you do the EMPAs late? Yup, Chem5 and EMPA have to be A*f or me to get A*! 41??? Hmmm, that's the HIGHEST it's ever gone to! Do you still have your answers btw?
Reply 7
Original post by ps1265A
Oh, did you do the EMPAs late? Yup, Chem5 and EMPA have to be A*f or me to get A*! 41??? Hmmm, that's the HIGHEST it's ever gone to! Do you still have your answers btw?

One of the latest dates :tongue: that's why I'm worried about boundaries and trust me I need like 112-114 in Chem 5 and defo need 54 plus ums in Empa will be gutted if I don't get Astar in Chem. Silly mistakes were my downfall this year especially in that mess of an exam that was Chem 4. Tbh I see why some say 41 as lots of people started putting stuff on here that helped others so higher boundaries are plausible? And sorry I haven't the foggiest idea all I remember is I royally co@:3d up 4 marks in section C. And there was lots of colorimetry and stupid things. I defo lost 5 marks in empa
(edited 8 years ago)
For AS Chemistry I believe that the grade boundaries will be pretty much exactly the same with the whole 100/100 for full ums crap again. It's fair technically speaking but it is annoying that you can't even afford to lose 1 mark and get full ums.
Reply 9
One of the latest dates :tongue: that's why I'm worried about boundaries and trust me I need like 112-114 in Chem 5 and defo need 54 plus ums in Empa will be gutted if I don't get Astar in Chem. Silly mistakes were my downfall this year especially in that mess of an exam that was Chem 4. Tbh I see why some say 41 as lots of people started putting stuff on here that helped others so higher boundaries are plausible? And sorry I haven't the foggiest idea all I remember is I royally co@:3d up 4 marks in section C. And there was lots co colorimetry and stupid things. I defo lost 5 marks in empa

Aghhhhh, I'm jealous :tongue: Me too, 54+ and 120 would be nice :smile: Yup, chem4 wasn't bad but I messed it up! The cheating thing happens every year YET the EMPA boundaries still change! AQA may use their expertise to determine boundaries rather than a heavy emphasis on students' results due to unreliability of them :tongue: But yes, if it's 41, I'm not too sure about the A* then! LOOOOOOL! Ah, what uni are you going to and offer?
Original post by ps1265A

My predictions:
CHEM4
A* - 86
A - 79
B - 72
C - 66

CHEM5

BIO4

BIO5
Stays constant

Can we predict AS ones as well? :biggrin:

CHEM1 - 55/70 for an A, 67/70 for full UMS - some easy concepts, but some tricky questions that I think will catch top candidates out.

CHEM2 - 82/100 for an A, 100/100 for full UMS - imo, a fairly easy and repetitive paper.
Reply 11
Original post by Cadherin

CHEM1 - 55/70 for an A, 67/70 for full UMS - some easy concepts, but some tricky questions that I think will catch top candidates out.

CHEM2 - 82/100 for an A, 100/100 for full UMS - imo, a fairly easy and repetitive paper.

I didn't do them! But hopefully there's someone on here to help you out :tongue:
Original post by OrionMusicNet
For AS Chemistry I believe that the grade boundaries will be pretty much exactly the same with the whole 100/100 for full ums crap again. It's fair technically speaking but it is annoying that you can't even afford to lose 1 mark and get full ums.

Certainly unit 2 I should think - although I reckon there'll be a few marks (give or take) leeway for full UMS in unit 1.
Original post by ps1265A

My predictions:
CHEM4
A* - 86
A - 79
B - 72
C - 66

CHEM5

BIO4

BIO5
Stays constant

imo chem 5 wasnt that easy, predicting and hoping for 80 to be an A* in chem 5, so i can get that A*,
Original post by ps1265A

My predictions:
CHEM4
A* - 86
A - 79
B - 72
C - 66

CHEM5

BIO4

BIO5
Stays constant

I agree with CHEM 4 but CHEM 5 is going to be higher, many repeated questions so I would say 85 for A*? BIOL4 1/2 2 mark increases and quite confused about the general consensus for BIOL5, it depends how they mark the paper/how stupidly precise the mark schemes are. So about 70 for A* for that I would guess
Reply 15
Original post by Cadherin

I resat Chem2 and found it easy BUT I still think it will be 81 for an A, just because we are judging it from the perspective of people who know the course very well :smile:
Reply 16
Based on these chemistry boundaries, I could be on track to A* (chem4), A (empa), D (chem5)! Really hoping that Chem5 boundaries don't increase from last year :O but still, it's my own fault for misreading most of the transition metal questions :frown: either way, I think I'll be around the B/A boundary
Reply 17
Original post by Ezme39
Based on these chemistry boundaries, I could be on track to A* (chem4), A (empa), D (chem5)! Really hoping that Chem5 boundaries don't increase from last year :O but still, it's my own fault for misreading most of the transition metal questions :frown: either way, I think I'll be around the B/A boundary

Really hoping the Chem 5 boundary won't go up by more than maybe 2 or 3 marks 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by wizard101
I agree with you for both the Chem 4 and 5 but I wouldn't be surprised if its 85 for an A* in Chem 4. For Bio 4, I think the grade boundaries will decrease ( 56 for A* and 51 for A). The paper wasn't hard but it was quite unusual paper with unusual question. For Bio 5, the grade boundaries will definitely increase (since most people found it relatively easy) so 70 for an A* and 64 for A.

I'd agree with you on bio4, and I think that bio5 will increase a little bit, but the essay will always lead to some candidates dropping loads of marks. Overall, I think the increase in bio5 will be the same as the decrease in bio4
Original post by Ezme39
I'd agree with you on bio4, and I think that bio5 will increase a little bit, but the essay will always lead to some candidates dropping loads of marks. Overall, I think the increase in bio5 will be the same as the decrease in bio4

Yh the essay question was tough. I thought the 2nd question (I forgot the title) was nearly impossible since I don't remember learning anything much related to that. The 1st question was tricky because it was similar to a question in previous year but the question was completely different since they want the importance of maintaining internal & external environment and not importance of maintaining internal environment with external environment.

Quick Reply

Latest