The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What harm do homosexuals cause?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
No.

So, what is the problem with the lesbian couple?
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Right, but sitting there and declaring an argument on morality to be fallacious doesn't make it so. Tell me, if people should be free to marry whoever they choose, how is it anything other than bigoted to extend that morality to all groups of people, irrespective of pre-conceived identities?

I rarely see pro-SSM advocates argue that people should be free to marry whoever they choose; why would they when this would include adults marrying children? The argument is that there is no good reason for not extending marriage to gay couples.

As for your last point, what's the 'good reason' incestuous marriage shouldn't exist? All we're talking about, as we've done in relation to homosexual marriage, is two people who want to get married.

What, is reproduction the issue? Well, it wasn't an issue in the context of SSM, so I don't see how it's fair or moral to make it an issue in the context of incestuous marriage? Is it about reproductive risk?

Well, surely there's a higher risk of negative reproductive consequences between a heterosexual couple over the age of 40? If the issue is risk, and there's a detectable risk in heterosexual relationships, how is it fair to give a free pass on reproduction to heterosexual risk, but not incestuous risk?

If the powers that be assess the merits of incestuous marriage and decide that there is no good reason for banning it, then I would have no problem. Like you said, 'ew' is not a valid reason.

It doesn't matter which way you spin it. Irrespective of the way you look at it, you are depriving a group of people in society the right to marry. It's bigoted.

No, I am not. I am saying that such groups should be assessed on their own merits and to say they must be allowed to marry simply because SSM was introduced is a slippery slope fallacy.
Original post by 2NathanAllen

You want to know whats sad you or i feel bad for you that you dislike kids and how they or raised to condemn the LGBT community for being against peoples fake god that theu pray to that condemns the LGBT community to hell. That is a really loving god that the bible talks about most of the time besides a FEW verses...

It's better to raise kids to accept then to condemn and kids or not brain washed my dad was raised to believe that jesus and religion was a joke but now my Mom took him to church and he is a true believer and was saved by god.

That proves that people or not brain washed
Posted from TSR Mobile

You think one example disproves what I am saying about a whole population?
Original post by Thisguy11
You think one example disproves what I am saying about a whole population?

Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if one person who smokes lives to be 90, smoking is no longer dangerous?
Original post by Thisguy11
So if one person who smokes lives to be 90, smoking is no longer dangerous?

I was not thinking when i said exactly i am going to give you a real answer. You were talking about how kids r raised to accept and to believe in religion, when in someone is a parent there job is to teach right from wrong and not accepting people is wrong and religion is right if the parent is religious but that parent needs to make it clear that the child is interpreting the religion correctly, that is were most people go wrong the parent was never taught on how to properly interoperate the religion and that parent teachs there child the same thing that they learned the bible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I'm not going to start an argument with you.

We both believe in different religions so it's unlikely we'll come to an agreement, since you believe in one thing, and I believe in another.

Have a good day.

It sounds you already started an argument

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kinda pisses me off how many homosexual couples are literally adopting children that straight couples don't want to adopt, so they're giving homes to abandoned children yet "God hates gays"
No harm. Other than comes from the rest of the population, like war, burglary, dodging tax, wasting public money, destroying the environment.

Exceot for falling in love with a member of their own gender they are not much dufferent, growing up in the same environment as their peers.

They ask more questions, like why am I gay. No straight kid asks herself why she is straight or who made her this way.

So young lgbt+ might ask questions that are not in the curriculum so to speak.

They hence think differently and less mainstream. And are deemed harmful by the powers to be.
Then horror stories are made up to whip up the emotions of the mainstream against those who are different.

And with that every society had lots of experience.

Latest

Trending

Trending