The Student Room Group

Medicine at oxbridge

If I do medicine at Oxbridge or a uni away from home, do my foundation years (the two years after the degree) have to be near Oxbridge or can they be in the city where my home is based?
Reply 1
Original post by Shamim1
If I do medicine at Oxbridge or a uni away from home, do my foundation years (the two years after the degree) have to be near Oxbridge or can they be in the city where my home is based?

No, you can apply wherever you like for foundation jobs, though there is no guarantee that you will get into a specific region, let alone a particular city. You can specify preferences, but what preference you get depends on (currently) your academic performance at uni and your SJT score.
Reply 2
Original post by Helenia
No, you can apply wherever you like for foundation jobs, though there is no guarantee that you will get into a specific region, let alone a particular city. You can specify preferences, but what preference you get depends on (currently) your academic performance at uni and your SJT score.

Thanks helenia, can I ask are you a medical student / do you have a medical degree?
Reply 3
Original post by Shamim1
Thanks helenia, can I ask are you a medical student / do you have a medical degree?

Yes to the latter - I graduated 6 years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending