The Student Room Group

Question about Glasgow and Edinburgh

Hello everyone,

I know there are a few of these threads out there, however those ones are dated and my circumstances are a little different...

I'm an American going to the UK for my postgrad in International Relations.I received an unconditional offers from University of Glasgow (5,000gbp scholarship, program costs 9500gbp) and Kings College of London, however I'm waiting for the University of Edinburgh to respond (16500gbp but I might be able to get free accommodation.

My top choice is University of Edinburgh because the city is beautiful, seems safer, better opportunity to network, and the classes offered could be more interesting. The program also let's me continue my Japanese language studies. I'm not looking for a party school, and I'm nervous about whether or not I will feel safe in Glasgow. I understand the West End is nice.

Question is, should I hold out for the University of Edinburgh to respond? I'm not sure how much longer I can wait - considering I only have until August 13th to decide with Glasgow, and I will need my student visa. Has anyone taken this program at Glasgow and enjoyed it? I've ruled out Kings despite its ranking because of the costs.

After my degree, I'm hoping to become sponsored by a job afterwards to prolong my stay in the UK. I'm a little overwhelmed, so any insight is greatly appreciated :smile: thank you!
Wait for edinburgh! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest