The Student Room Group

what qualification do i need to teach in a college or sixth form

do i just need a pgce to teach in a college or sixth form or is there a more advanced one to allow you to teach a levels
Original post by ellie505
do i just need a pgce to teach in a college or sixth form or is there a more advanced one to allow you to teach a levels

Hey there :wavey: I've moved your thread from the Welcome Lounge to the Education and Teaching forum in the Careers section, hopefully you'll get responses here. :h:

This might help you out though. :smile:

~ Black Rose
You could do a secondary pgce to fulfil your goal as well as provide more options re age group.

Or if you're sure you only want to teach in college and sixth form you could do a further education pgce.
Reply 3
thanks
Original post by Black Rose
Hey there :wavey: I've moved your thread from the Welcome Lounge to the Education and Teaching forum in the Careers section, hopefully you'll get responses here. :h:

This might help you out though. :smile:

~ Black Rose
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
You could do a secondary pgce to fulfil your goal as well as provide more options re age group.

Or if you're sure you only want to teach in college and sixth form you could do a further education pgce.

so I cant just have a normal pgce I want to do a scitt to obtain a pgce as I dont like goung to uni is there anyway of doing the same thing but in a college
I'm pretty sure you can do *just* a PGCE/Schools Direct/SCITT programme to work in sixth forms and colleges, but you may have to do placements covering a range of age groups depending where you're placed. But hopefully when you finish training, you could go on to find a position working in a college.
There are programmes designed for solely 16+ teaching (like the Further Education PGCE), but you can also do the standard PGCEs and still teach in colleges.
Reply 6
Original post by beautifulbigmacs

what is a secondary pgce is it like when u fet a pgce through scitt by working in a secondary school
Reply 7
Original post by brendonbackflip
I'm pretty sure you can do *just* a PGCE/Schools Direct/SCITT programme to work in sixth forms and colleges, but you may have to do placements covering a range of age groups depending where you're placed. But hopefully when you finish training, you could go on to find a position working in a college.
There are programmes designed for solely 16+ teaching (like the Further Education PGCE), but you can also do the standard PGCEs and still teach in colleges.

yay that sounds good thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending