The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds shift hours - Is this normal?

Hi.
I've recently started a full time job at mcdonalds over the summer. I started last week tuesday and since then I've worked on all the weekdays until today.
I'm supposed to work on all 5 weekdays.

During my time there, I've been told to open the shop, usually with two other shift managers. The shop opens at around 5 so I have to be there at 4am to set up the shop and my shifts finish at around 2pm (10 hours).

This is my first job so I'm not too sure if this is normal for a mcdonalds but I feel like I've been given too many hours in the week.(5x10=50 hours per week). I know I said I was full time but it seems excessive especially since I've only just started as well.
Sounds fine, I was supposed to work at a shop and come in at 8 to open for 9 and work until 5, Monday through Saturday (not Thursday though). So 50 hours too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
doesn't the number of hours depend on your age range?
Reply 3
Original post by RevisionNad
doesn't the number of hours depend on your age range?

I'm 18
Reply 4
If you're being paid by the hour, who cares?
Original post by Elm Tree
I'm 18

Once you turn 18 all the young worker rules go out the window so no more hour breaks after working 4 hours, you're legally classed as an adult now so yeah its normal =)
Original post by Elm Tree
I'm 18

didn't they agree on work hours at the last stage of getting in. Maybe talk to your manager. That is a lot of hours of work!
I've started working as a part-time waitress not too long ago and I'm happy to grab the 12-hour shifts whenever possible! It's a lot better working for longer than short hours. Even though you may not enjoy it, your bank balance will love it! :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending