The Student Room Group

Oxbridge students?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
I know when the deadline is I was in your position last year!!

I wouldn't start doing TSA prep until you receive an interview, if you do get one obviously.

Ok thanks...good to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kinda disagree with the poster above re the TSA. I had to sit it for natsci this year (I'm only an offer holder and I'm most probably missing my offer and not getting in) but I can say that there really isn't much prep that you can do for the TSA - it's essentially a logic test (problem solving and critical thinking). Most admissions tests are designed to test your intelligence and not just pure knowledge, so prep isn't essential. However it can be helpful to familiarise yourself with the format of the test from as early on as possible so that it doesn't seem intimidating or freak you out on the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Real_jenn
I just meant,from your experience & sorry for not stating clearly,I also meant the admission test pre offer 😊

Just to be clear - Oxford has Admissions Tests (HAT, LAT, MAT, PAT, etc) that are used to determine if candidates will be called to interview.

Cambridge doesn't. You might have tests at Cambridge but they are part of the interview day, not a test taken a few weeks beforehand. (Some subjects, eg medicine, are different).

Cambridge interviews more candidates (approx 80%) than Oxford.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys... I am to sit for my ELAT this year. I am very nervous. And because I don't have all the top grades, I really need to score well. Any advices and suggestions for preparation are heartily welcome.
Reply soon..
Any MML students with this advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending