The Student Room Group

best book for learning functional eqns for bmo 1&2

Are there any books youd reccomend me getting for me to get better at solving them?
If not, what is recommended for me to solve them?
ty
Looking at style of questions and practising them would help you improve, but the best way to learn them is by far the internet, youtube etc
Original post by MathMeister
Are there any books youd reccomend me getting for me to get better at solving them?
If not, what is recommended for me to solve them?
ty

There is very little you need to know at BMO1,2 level. Just the concept of substitution of 'special' numbers eg 0,1, x=y, x=-y, y=x^2, y=f(x). Some will be useful, some won't, it depends on your equation.
After that, learn about injectivity and surjectivity, and your done up to IMO level. Practice is all you need.
Original post by Renzhi10122
There is very little you need to know at BMO1,2 level. Just the concept of substitution of 'special' numbers eg 0,1, x=y, x=-y, y=x^2, y=f(x). Some will be useful, some won't, it depends on your equation.
After that, learn about injectivity and surjectivity, and your done up to IMO level. Practice is all you need.

thanks, so theres no need to buy a book then..
Original post by MathMeister
thanks, so theres no need to buy a book then..

Not really. Practice is key here, there aren't many skills involved, and for the ones that are involved, you should be able to discover most of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest