The Student Room Group

Why does Lincoln have such a bad rep?

Due to location my only option is to go to Lincoln to study nursing but I'm slightly concernes at the poor reviews on unistats and how low down it is on the league tables.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why it's so bad?
Original post by blackcrystal
Due to location my only option is to go to Lincoln to study nursing but I'm slightly concernes at the poor reviews on unistats and how low down it is on the league tables.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why it's so bad?

I m going to be going to a uni pretty low on the league tables (one below lincoln actually:P) but am not too worried as some of the things they look at in them are a bit subjective, for example grad prospects shouldnt matter massively as once you ve got your registration you should be on the same level as every other nursing graduate regardless of what uni you went to.
Entry standards don't really tell you anything much either.
I ve spent two years at the uni i m going to be doing nursing at and i cant see why the student satisfaction rate is as low as it is.

So i would go to an open day and see how you feel from there but dont base your opinion off of league tables for sure.
the university of Lincoln is actually Hull Poly , but moved wholesale to Lincoln quite a few years ago

overall it;s profile and admission policies reflect it;s poly / new HEI background and also it;s rate of growth ...

a lot of this is irrelevant for Pre-registration education ofr Health Professionals due to the requirements of the NMC / HCPC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending