The Student Room Group

Poll: What's your favourite country?

Scroll to see replies

Italy. I'm half Italian so I'm a little biased toward it, but it really is a lovely country.
Surprised they put Wales here but not Ireland... :s-smilie:
I voted other -with Canada in Mind. Nice people, and amazing variety of landscapes. Perfect 👌✈️
Odd how you missed out so many "major" countries like Australia, China, Russia, Canada, South Korea and chose to amalgamate those into the Other category yet gave Pakistan and Poland their own spot.
Britain. Cumberland.
My native country Germany is nice. But apart from it I like also Japan and some countries in South America, Uruguay for instance.
Original post by Swanbow
To visit I presume?

Germany.

Currywurst, Wheat Beer and Black Forest Ham. Plus the people are friendly and it is a beautiful place.

My, My!

Someone who appreciates the German cuisine. But I wonder is Germany the only country where a Currywurst can be eaten by any chance?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
I'm currently obsessed with the US and American culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a few favourite countries, sadly I haven't been to any of them :frown:

Switzerland - because it's probably the most photogenic country in the world and everything just seems to work there. Apart from Sepp Blatter, it's only ever famous for quality things. If every country in Europe is a Poundland, Switzerland is John Lewis.

Japan - amazing scenery, amazing culture, incredibly polite people from what I gather.

Any of the Nordic countries because they always come out on top as the best places to live, low levels of corruption and crime. If I had to choose one it would be Norway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kazakhstan
Canada, traveled a lot around the world, have yet to find one place diverse enough and friendly enough to come close to Canada.
Reply 51
Canada because beautiful scenery, wildlife, lovely people! :smile:
I voted for England, as it's my home country. I also really enjoyed the y8 French trip (we stayed in Normandy), but that is the only time I've ever been outside of the UK and Ireland, though I am going back on a GCSE History trip next year (y10) and I'll also be going to Belgium as part of the trip. With regards to countries I'd like to visit, I'd say the Netherlands and Switzerland come high on the list and also Australia (though I can't abide the heat- or travelling, so maybe this isn't a sensible idea- I'd love to see wild Brumbies and kangaroos though). Switzerland seems such a beautiful place (and it's the setting of Frankenstein, which is my favourite book). I have a Dutch surname, so probably have Dutch ancestors, hence my desire to visit the Netherlands.
On the whole, though, I'd rather stay in England. I find other cultures interesting, but I hate travelling and have never been on a plane, so would feel a little apprehensive about flying. Also, I live in Yorkshire and it's so beautiful- there's no need to travel really.
Probably the UAE because of its weather, shopping facilities and luxurious nature.
Other: Canada. It's quite quiet and unassuming. Just one problem: Bieber!
Original post by SarahLund
Cymru am byth! I voted that because I'm part Welsh, but otherwise it's New Zealand. Beautiful landscape and islands, Auckland looks pretty cool and I find the Māori culture quite interesting too (they have such lovely names). My love of rugby may have something to do with both of those countries being favourites of mine.
Good choice with New Zealand. And you wouldn't pick Australia after this week.
Original post by Most Competitive
Probably the UAE because of its weather, shopping facilities and luxurious nature.
And sexist attitudes?
Original post by Pulse.
I'm currently obsessed with the US and American culture.
American culture: guns.
Original post by 04MR17
Other: Canada. It's quite quiet and unassuming. Just one problem: Bieber!
Good choice with New Zealand. And you wouldn't pick Australia after this week.

Oh, yes Canada is lovely.

Haha they were pretty abysmal, but decent work from England - they've made it higher on my list. However, the Aussies pulled off a pretty good win over NZ in the Rugby Championship yesterday
Original post by ItaSpicyMeatabol
Texas, just next to Belgium.
I commend your Geography skills.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Narnia.
Now why didn't I think of that?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Strong lack of an African country in the poll.The Netherlands is my favourite country. We're amazing people from a beautiful country.
And pretty flat.
Original post by James Milibanter
Ireland!
Top of the morning to you.
Original post by ellie0497
Mauritius OR South Africa... Can't decide
Mauritius. South Africa has quite a fair bit of crime. You're safer on an island.
Reply 58
Bosnia!! or Ireland
Australia!!

Quick Reply

Latest