The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2016 Entry A100

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pbw
My prediction is that it will be 2800+ this year whatever happens tomorrow!

Why d'you think that?
Reply 121
Original post by Medicnohoperno.9
Why d'you think that?

with everything that had happened last year I think everyone will apply to Newcastle thinking they have a shot because of the 575 cut off last year. so even people who don't really want to go to Newcastle with 700+ will apply thinking it is a "safe" option when in reality it definitely is not. now all those will apply and this will inflate the cut off once again to over 700.
Hey, So the UKCAT deciles for this year are meant to be released today aren't they? Anyone know what they are?
Original post by FengShuiMaster
Hey, So the UKCAT deciles for this year are meant to be released today aren't they? Anyone know what they are?

It has been released! Can anyone explain what it means?! The mean average score for this year is 2531, does that mean it will be comparable with 2012's cut off?
Original post by Grubbybear_
It has been released! Can anyone explain what it means?! The mean average score for this year is 2531, does that mean it will be comparable with 2012's cut off?

It looks like for those who are competitive, the scores are slightly lower than 2012 - the 7th decile up are lower scores this year, even though the mean overall is higher
Average is 628.15 and my score is 667.5 (2670) 8th decile. Will this be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It looks like for those who are competitive, the scores are slightly lower than 2012 - the 7th decile up are lower scores this year, even though the mean overall is higher

So what do you reckon the cut-off will be? I'm so unsure whether to risk it or not!
After the release today, would a score of 2760, 690 avg be a good idea or too risky? Thanks!
Reply 128
Does anyone know which Universities require the UKCAT but place the least weight on it, I am a mature student and had a really bad UKCAT experience, noise, coughing and people talking throughout meant I couldn't concentrate and despite months of practice and good mock results, the day didn't go to plan.

I know that Newcastle and Durham share the applicant information, but both have a relatively high UKCAT cutoff, I only got 2500 and Band 1 SJ
Original post by Sam00
Does anyone know which Universities require the UKCAT but place the least weight on it, I am a mature student and had a really bad UKCAT experience, noise, coughing and people talking throughout meant I couldn't concentrate and despite months of practice and good mock results, the day didn't go to plan.

I know that Newcastle and Durham share the applicant information, but both have a relatively high UKCAT cutoff, I only got 2500 and Band 1 SJ

You might have a shot with Aberdeen. In 2012 their lowest scoring successful applicant got 2210. Also Dundee might be worth a punt
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 130
You might have a shot with Aberdeen. In 2012 their lowest scoring successful applicant got 2210. Also Dundee might be worth a punt

Thanks
Original post by white_o
After the release today, would a score of 2760, 690 avg be a good idea or too risky? Thanks!

Same! Someone answer this please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaa, what decile are we in? 8th or 9th...? The UKCAT stats are confusing D;
Reply 133
Original post by white_o

Posted from TSR Mobile

You guys are probably going to be ok.

Original post by HCAssistant93
Average is 628.15 and my score is 667.5 (2670) 8th decile. Will this be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say it's touch and go. Fairly risky but it could pay off- it paid off for the people who risked it last year.
Original post by white_o
Hahaa, what decile are we in? 8th or 9th...? The UKCAT stats are confusing D;

Hahaha. Ikr. I read it as 9th, told a bunch of people and danced a little. Then I thought I'm in the 8th decile. ( Saw someone else post their score in the wrong decile which got me all confused. ) Told a bunch of people again. Posted on TSR and finally came to know that we're in the 9th decile!
REJOICE, fellow 690 scorer! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha. Ikr. I read it as 9th, told a bunch of people and danced a little. Then I thought I'm in the 8th decile. ( Saw someone else post their score in the wrong decile which got me all confused. ) Told a bunch of people again. Posted on TSR and finally came to know that we're in the 9th decile!
REJOICE, fellow 690 scorer! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh okay wooo that's so good!!:P what you thinking about Newcastle??
Original post by white_o
Ohhh okay wooo that's so good!!:P what you thinking about Newcastle??

I think I'm definitely going to apply. :biggrin:
Might just apply to Kings too because my other two options, St. George's and Birmingham are quite safe. Eeeeeks. I'm crying. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liam__
You guys are probably going to be ok.

I'd say it's touch and go. Fairly risky but it could pay off- it paid off for the people who risked it last year.

Yeah, I might just apply now. Wowowowow. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'm definitely going to apply. :biggrin:
Might just apply to Kings too because my other two options, St. George's and Birmingham are quite safe. Eeeeeks. I'm crying. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Riiight, I think I'm gunna as well tbh... That fourth spot is literally the last tiny bit of UCAS that I needed to finish :biggrin:DDDD ahaha
are you applying for the Newcastle Campus? And ahaha aww ;PP
Original post by white_o
Riiight, I think I'm gunna as well tbh... That fourth spot is literally the last tiny bit of UCAS that I needed to finish :biggrin:DDDD ahaha
are you applying for the Newcastle Campus? And ahaha aww ;PP

Oh, I have loads to do! Better get to work. :P
Yes, ABSOLUTELY LOVE NEWCASTLE.
What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending