The Student Room Group

3 Advanced Highers + crash Advanced Higher

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Runner0204
I just sent my application off on Thursday, getting really nervous now. Thank you and good luck with your application. What course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Biochemistry. What about you? Natural Sciences? Architecture?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by JennieRDS
I applied for Biochemistry. What about you? Natural Sciences? Architecture?

Close, engineering. I almost applied for physical natsci though. I really wish you could apply to Oxford and Cambridge, took me ages to decide between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Runner0204
Close, engineering. I almost applied for physical natsci though. I really wish you could apply to Oxford and Cambridge, took me ages to decide between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are very similar. It was a tough decision for me too but I did work experience at Oxford so it already had a special place in my heart. :P
Anyway, hope all goes well with interviews! Should be an interesting experience, if anything.
A guy in my year did 4 advanced highers, and a higher I think, he was applying to Cambridge too. Still got rejected though and honestly I have no idea why because he's smart, a genuinely lovely human being (had to put up with being the only boy in our biology class full of girls, he's a nice person), did several sports, was part of a few societies (I forget what he did since it's been 3 years since I left school more or less), honestly he was really good, and he didn't get in. That's not to say don't do it, sometimes I wish I'd done AH English instead of Higher History but I hadn't done History and I was interested in it so I went for that instead. 3 AH's is tricky in itself, but fine. 4 is fine enough too I think if you manage your time well and you're committed to it, but a lot of people I know really struggled with graphics and found it very difficult, then again maths and physics might help with that. And for the chemistry project, don't try and wing one nobody else has done, I studied the tannin content of tea. Absolute nightmare. Loved it though, at least to start with, but towards the end? I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Neither would my chemistry teacher. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending