The Student Room Group

Atheist blogger hacked to death

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hussamhussam
Why would any sane and sensible person attack a country's religion that's cherished by its society in a country where they know what the penalty is for doing so? s:

Reminds of the fools at Charlie Hedbo They knew exactly what they were doing and provoked relentlessly just to attack Muslims. This is no different.

That was different, France is not an Islamic country. But I do agree that poking fun at Islam in a rabidly religious land is not clever. Sort of like the whole rape thing. No-one will accept that they can help reduce there rape risk if they don't dress provocatively in dodgy areas. Likewise I can reduce my risk of getting my head cut off by not publicly burning Qurans in Saudi Arabia. But as we all know police are only allowed to give this sort of logic to robbery victims.
Original post by flamboy
wow, religion is just great isn't it

Extremism is not Religion. Please don't draw that link.
Original post by A5ko
That must be some hardcore computer skills.

Nice one ahahaha
Reply 23
Original post by IIEquinoxII

a belief without evidence will always be extreme from my perspective - that's why "extremist" religion is like nothing else in that it cannot be reasoned with, just like religion itself, but it is destructive and hateful

No True Scotsman fallacy. Try again.
Shouldn't have laughed at the title :redface: But I envisioned a guy sitting at his computer lolz
Why would any sane and sensible person attack a country's religion that's cherished by its society in a country where they know what the penalty is for doing so? s:

Reminds of the fools at Charlie Hedbo They knew exactly what they were doing and provoked relentlessly just to attack Muslims. This is no different.

Free speech is a wonderful thing. Maybe one day you will find out why it is important.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Original post by saeed97
Inexcusable, i hope they are dealt with and are punished to the same standard as their crimes.

It's almost as if people forget that the 2 most devastating wars in human history were caused by the secular, 'enlightened' world.

Explain how the secular, enlightened world caused the two world wars. Pray tell me, what is enlightened about ultra-nationalism and militarism?
I'm quite certain the killers will be dealt with severely.In general the majority of Bangladeshi society is quite intolerant of violence used by religious extremists.

Except that the national religion of France is not Muslim. so yes it is different, very different
Original post by saeed97
Inexcusable, i hope they are dealt with and are punished to the same standard as their crimes.

It's almost as if people forget that the 2 most devastating wars in human history were caused by the secular, 'enlightened' world.

I wouldn't call the two parties involved in the world wars "Secular". Both were avid Christians/Catholics
Reply 31
Original post by saeed97

If you seriously believe the European leaders were secular in the prelude to WW1, then you're gravely misguided. As for its successor, you point is controversial though is arguable, though Hitler wanted to expand, not fight another world war.

Because evil needs to spoken out against

No true Scotsman fallacy.
Original post by Another
I wouldn't call the two parties involved in the world wars "Secular". Both were avid Christians/Catholics

Just no.

You might have well just have said the Earth was flat with that kind of statement.
Original post by Pegasus2
Just no.

You might have well just have said the Earth was flat with that kind of statement.

Why would a secular country have the phrase "God with Us" inscribed to the belt buckles of official army uniform?

Or maybe open statements from the Vatican supporting the work of Hitler and Mussolini have nothing to do with religion at all

Unless you have a different definition of "secular", that is
The religion of Peace (tm)
Original post by Monster Roaster
As a muslim, it is sad to see this. Islam was brought as a mercy to mankind . In the days of jahiliyah (ignorance before islam) this was the way disagreement and hate was conducted, pure violence and disgusting actions.

Given parts of the middle east were the cradle of civilization before islam came along and it is now a basket case how on earth can you make such a bizarre statement.
Original post by Another
Why would a secular country have the phrase "God with Us" inscribed to the belt buckles of official army uniform?

Or maybe open statements from the Vatican supporting the work of Hitler and Mussolini have nothing to do with religion at all

Unless you have a different definition of "secular", that is

Yes, I have the version that happened.

Core tenets of both political ideologies promoted complete state imposed atheism and abolition of any and all religion. Both of those leaders placed incredibly low value on life.

Read some history, you might learn somthing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin#Religion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSR_anti-religious_campaign_%281928%E2%80%9341%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist%E2%80%93Leninist_atheism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler#Persecution_of_the_Churches

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending