The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme Progress

Scroll to see replies

Not that I know of and I think my tutor would have said if she'd been contacted.

I think it's a pretty poor way to treat people to be honest, maybe I'm being unfair as I know they've got a lot of people to contact but the whole thing just seems really faceless and impersonal.
I agree with you about it feeling very impersonal. The timescale has bothered me as well, I applied for the scheme in November and whilst this really would be my ideal job, I am getting to the stage where any training contract will do. Waiting to hear the outcome of the various stages of the recruitment process has stopped me applying for other jobs when I really can't afford to be so picky.

It's the waiting and not knowing that is the worst, both for me and for everyone around me as I'm short, irritable and tense - waiting, waiting, waiting....

Fingers crossed.
Reply 22
I agree that it does seem to have taken an awfully long time - 6 months from the online applications opening to finding out. I seem to have spent my whole time on the LPC waiting to hear about the next stage to come along!

I really don't want to go to my plan B, since it doesn't actually exist in any concrete form. Running away to join the circus maybe?

One week to go now until we should find out! *crosses everything*
Reply 23
i reeely wanna b a Crown Prosecutor. i hope they give me an actual crown + a walkie-talkie, 2 make me look important.
Reply 24
Lemun
i reeely wanna b a Crown Prosecutor. i hope they give me an actual crown + a walkie-talkie, 2 make me look important.

If a walkie-talkie and looking important are your main job criteria, a bouncer might be a more appropriate job (and a hell of a lot cheaper to become!)

Although I agree it is very nerve-wracking waiting and not knowing where you will be/what you will be doing in less than 6 months time, I take comfort in the fact it has taken them so long (particularly since the final interviews) as it implies, in theory at least, they are considering each of the final applicants individually and carefully rather than rushing through the forms and/or using the old 'throw half in the bin because we don't want unlucky people' approach I've heard of chambers using!

Having put all this time/effort/money into this application, at least we know they are acknowledging this by giving us all equal and full consideration! Four more days to go - good luck everyone!
Reply 25
Tomorrow is (finally) the big day! Good luck to all those waiting for news.
Anyone else almost chewed their finger nails down to the elbow whilst waiting for an e-mail or the postman to arrive?!?
Reply 27
Tell me about it! I feel sick with nerves. I'm at work checking my e-mails every two seconds!!
same here! Postman had nothing for me!
Reply 29
I doubt the letters will turn up till next week. I got an email at 12:04 - we regret to inform you, yadda yadda yadda. *******s. :frown:

They said I'd be put on the waiting list in case more positions become available (aka someone turns down the offer) but I expect they said that to everyone...

Better luck to the rest of you guys!
Reply 30
Me too. I'm absolutely gutted.

I got the "waiting list" thing too, so I assume it's on each rejection letter.

Hope others have better luck and appreciate the amazing opportunity they've been given.
Me three. Was at work when I checked my e-mail and needless to say have been the most totally useless employee ever for the majority of the day. Cried a bit at work then went to see my parents afterwards and cried some more. I am absolutely gutted.
Reply 32
Bad luck just about all round it seems! Well they must have employed someone - maybe they're all out celebrating!

I'm back to letter writing and application form filling for other training places - how joyful...
same here! oh well!!!

commiserations everyone, and congrats to anyone out there who was successful.
Reply 34
Once I'd calmed down, I rang them on friday re: the waiting list (nothing to lose now!). She was very nice and said everyone who got a place has to go through criminal bureau checks, health checks and pass the BVC/LPC in July (if they haven't already). If they don't (or don't accept the offer) they will go down the list. Not everyone has been put on this, only those who met the "minimum standard" (although I would imagine that's most of the 200 people they interviewed, since they were chosen from over 2200). It did sound like they'd give really good feedback though, which is something I suppose.

Another round of OLPAS for me then - oh joy. Hope everyone else gets what they want eventually!
Hello guys,

I am in the assessment stage of the trainee scheme. Any tips on how to handle it and the interview would be hugely appreciated!
Reply 36
Gosh forgot all about this thread - haven't been on the Student Room for ages! I'm not a student anymore but hopefully it's okay to still post here... ;-)

I've applied again this year and have got through to the interview stage. My email said they'd send times and dates out this Friday. I'm hoping that it'll be second time lucky for me! Good luck to all who have interviews; commiserations for those who didn't get that far.
Hey everyone,

I know its a year on from this thread but is anyone going through this process again this year?? I have been selected for an interview for CPS next week and wondered if there was anyone else doing it this year? I have also got to do a presentation which I am quite nervous about as I have no idea what to expect so if anyone has any advice from last year id be soooo grateful.

Thanks guys
Reply 38
Hi there,

Yes I'm also attending the presentation/interview - on Monday for me in London.
Pretty nervous. The short length of the case-study narrows it down to what it could be, though I have no exact idea. Maybe a bail-app, with questions after that in relation to how I approached it? Who knows.

I'm confident about the interview as I have a new job that wasn't on my original application so lots to talk about there.

Where is your interview taking place? Have you finished the BVC or still doing it?

Many thanks
Mines on Monday too but in York, I thought it might be a bail app thats the only idea I had.

Im not so nervous about the interview either, I just hate not knowing what I will be doing haha. Ive done the LPC not the BVC and I finished that already. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending