The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme Progress

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How did it go?

I felt it went well generally. Bit of a grilling after the presentation, but nothing I felt I couldn't handle. The interview was nice and easy (compared to some of the nightmare ones out there), though you just never know I guess?

Unfortunately they said we won't find out for another month! And one thing I didn't like was the allocation of successful places based on merit. Ie if you're the best, you can choose where to go. If not, you get told where to go. It would be a sad thing to be successful but offered a place hundreds of miles away.

Anyway, hope it went well for you.
Hey guys can someone explain what this scheme is about and can 1st years apply?
jennifer110
Hey guys can someone explain what this scheme is about and can 1st years apply?

It's not a 'scheme', it's basically the CPS recruiting for their trainees (for Training Contracts), and they recruit one year before start so you have to at least be embarking on the LPC before you can apply. xx
Reply 43
blinkbelle
they recruit one year before start so only people on the LPC can apply. xx

This is not strictly true. You can still apply for the CPS trainee scheme after you have completed the LPC. Also, you can join the CPS in an administrative role and apply internally to their trainee scheme, and if successful the CPS will then sponsor you on the LPC.
amelie1
This is not strictly true. You can still apply for the CPS trainee scheme after you have completed the LPC. Also, you can join the CPS in an administrative role and apply internally to their trainee scheme, and if successful the CPS will then sponsor you on the LPC.

I meant that you can't apply if you're partway through a law degree; you have to wait until you're at least at the LPC stage, unlike other TC applications.
Reply 45
blinkbelle
I meant that you can't apply if you're partway through a law degree; you have to wait until you're at least at the LPC stage, unlike other TC applications.

Well why didn't you say that then.:rolleyes:
amelie1
Well why didn't you say that then.:rolleyes:

Because I thought what I meant was obvious, and didn't realise there'd be nitpickers on patrol :rolleyes:
pmsfl!, ok thanks guys anyone know about anything when i can do in my first and 2nd yr? like summer schools etc
Reply 48
I think you're both forgetting that it isn't justthe LPC, I, for instance, have completed the BVC.

Isn't it annoying when someone nit-picks? :o:
Reply 49
Original post by alocin
Huzzah I got an email today saying I'm through to the next stage - interview and a presentation on the case study from the assessment day! :biggrin:

Anyone else got good news?

Hi I am due to sit the case study assessment for the 2015 intake - how did you find the assessment when you sat it?
Reply 50
Hi Guys,
What topics came up for presentations?
I have an interview on 1st June and I can't find any information about it anywhere.
How did you all get on? Did anyone get the training contract?

Thanks
Charlotte
Hey guys! I am currently planning my answers to the competency questions for this years intake. Can a time give me some tips on what kinds of things, would be right for this. For instance the first question asks about aspirations beyond qualifying?! ( I have to admit at the moment securing a training contract is my main aspiration right now!)
Anyone have any tips for the video interview? Anyone remember any particular questions they may ask?
Original post by sarahbeth93
Anyone have any tips for the video interview? Anyone remember any particular questions they may ask?

I have a feeling it will be something along the lines of why we want to prosecute? Deadline for it is the 3rd June so I'm doing mine today or tomorrow!
Original post by Farmer596
I have a feeling it will be something along the lines of why we want to prosecute? Deadline for it is the 3rd June so I'm doing mine today or tomorrow!

Yeah the deadline is midnight tomorrow. I've never done a video interview before so I'm pretty nervous!!
Original post by sarahbeth93
Yeah the deadline is midnight tomorrow. I've never done a video interview before so I'm pretty nervous!!

Yes it's my first experience aswell! I wonder whether everyone who applied was given theopportunity for a video interview or whether they chose candidates for the video interview from all the applicants?
Original post by Farmer596
Yes it's my first experience aswell! I wonder whether everyone who applied was given theopportunity for a video interview or whether they chose candidates for the video interview from all the applicants?

I think everyone was asked to complete one as far as I can tell. I'm more nervous for this than I usually am for normal interviews. At least its easier to get yourself across in a normal interview!
Reply 57
Has anyone done the video interview yet? How long do you have to to answer? What type of questions are asked?
I think this is the first time they have used this type of video submission.
For anyone needing guidance, someone has put a pretty helpful post in the pupillage 2016 thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending