The Student Room Group

should I quit badminton or not

Okay so basically i have played badminton since i was about 11 and i am now almost 16. I never really had àny friends but i manahed with who i had. I moved up a group last year and i have never settled with the new people and they never talk to me and i dont really like them anyway.
I REALLY love badminton and i dont want to waste all my hard work as i am fairly good and there are no more clubs in my area i can go to and moving groups wont work as all my friends from the other group have left now. I dont know what to do and as they always day it is easier to solve another persons problem.
Reply 1
It would be a real shame for you to stop going or stop enjoying badminton because of the people in your group. When you say you don't really like them, is that because of anything in particular or just because you've never really settled in with them?

It's difficult when you feel like an 'outsider' of the group, but you do think it would help to get to know them a bit better? Maybe suggesting a group meal out somewhere after a session, or doing something together just to 'bond' a bit?

Quick Reply

Latest