The Student Room Group

How do re-sits work for English GCSE?

I did GCSE English as a 1 year course in year 11 and I need a grade B to get into the University, I wanna go to. How do re-sits work?
Reply 1
Original post by OGGUS
I did GCSE English as a 1 year course in year 11 and I need a grade B to get into the University, I wanna go to. How do re-sits work?

Re-sits for English language are available in November (entry deadline 4 October) or the Summer (entry deadline 21 February). You can carry forward the controlled assessment or re-submit it but you have to re-sit the exam in order to get a new grade. Talk to your 6th from asap next term if you want to re-sit.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
Re-sits for English language are available in November (entry deadline 4 October) or the Summer (entry deadline 21 February). You can carry forward the controlled assessment or re-submit it but you have to re-sit the exam in order to get a new grade. Talk to your 6th from asap next term if you want to re-sit.

I'm going College and I wanna sit the whole year for lit and lang this time... I did combined first time round.
Reply 3
Original post by OGGUS
I'm going College and I wanna sit the whole year for lit and lang this time... I did combined first time round.

If you want to re-take then you need to see what your college offers and whether they will let you join the class if you already have a C. They may well not offer English Literature but it is all down to the college.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
If you want to re-take then you need to see what your college offers and whether they will let you join the class if you already have a C. They may well not offer English Literature but it is all down to the college.

oh what, they won't let me do it? it's combined though!!! Well the coursework is and the paper is the English language paper. I got A, B, B, E, E and this made it 56/90 and in the exam I got 60/80 maybe more foundation though I think with this one obviously.
Reply 5
Original post by OGGUS
oh what, they won't let me do it? it's combined though!!! Well the coursework is and the paper is the English language paper. I got A, B, B, E, E and this made it 56/90 and in the exam I got 60/80 maybe more foundation though I think with this one obviously.

I may have misunderstood. I though that you meant that you had taken combined Lit and Lang but you now wanted to take 2 separate GCSEs. However, what's available is entirely down to your 6th form, so ask them,.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
I may have misunderstood. I though that you meant that you had taken combined Lit and Lang but you now wanted to take 2 separate GCSEs. However, what's available is entirely down to your 6th form, so ask them,.

No, I went to college for year 11 and now I'm going to a different college.

Quick Reply

Latest