The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheCitizenAct
If you're watching the Republican Party debates, you'll see why. White people have all but been disregarded in the conversation - they've imported millions of people from minority groups over the last 30 years, and that's where the swing votes lie. Needless to say, they all vote Democrat. White people will become a minority in the US by the year 2060. They will also become a minority in the UK if things keep going the way they are.

As for your comment about 'where's the outrage?', you're missing one vital component: a victim complex. White people by and large, in my experience at least, couldn't give a crap about identity politics and preferential treatment. They just want everyone to shut-up and stop moaning in a system which affords everyone the same legal rights and full equality of opportunity to do whatever they hell they like.

Then again, welcome to modern progressivism - it's the religion of feelings. 'Screw logic, my feelings have been hurt.'

Lol it's unbelievable how out of touch with reality people like you are. White people are 90% of the population in the UK. White people are nowhere near to becoming a minority any time soon.

People like you are actually the most dangerous of all. Most people dont pay attention to the extreme racists, but it's people like you who are ignorant and then go and spread your views about how "things are so unfair for white people, and look how much special treatment all these minorities are getting" that people really need to watch out for.
Reply 21
I just want to make you all aware of a very important issue. There's a 'war on black people' in society. White people are actually hurting black people's feelings. I know, it's hard to believe, particularly in this day and age when we've seen a reduction in black people's feelings being hurt from 96% in 1915, to 0.3% today.

However, we're not doing enough. We can't do enough. Your donation, your generosity, could make the difference. All we're asking for is 2 minutes of your time and £5 per month, and we can finally end black people's hurt feelings forever.

Please, donate what you can. Thank you.

That wasn't even funny mate.

Someone needs a lesson in satire methinks.

edit: just noticed a glaring flaw in your joke too...." we've seen a reduction in black people's feelings being hurt from 96% in 1915, to 0.3% today."....you clear know nothing about history
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MAINE.
Lol it's unbelievable how out of touch with reality people like you are. White people are 90% of the population in the UK. White people are nowhere near to becoming a minority any time soon.

People like you are actually the most dangerous of all. Most people dont pay attention to the extreme racists, but it's people like you who are ignorant and then go and spread your views about how "things are so unfair for white people, and look how much special treatment all these minorities are getting" that people really need to watch out for.

I'm not concerned if white people become a minority, I'm just giving you an overview of the situation.

You are the one exploiting racism to make political points. You are the one cherry-picking stats where black people are disproportionately affected to try and accentuate one-side of a narrative and ignore the rest.

Like I said, 80% of primary school teachers are women - what about the mens?!?!?

Oh, look - here's another race baiter: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all

See how easy it was for me to pick that out? All i needed to do was type 'white people black people' into a search engine, and all my biases have been confirmed! Who'd of thunk it? Amazing, eh?
Original post by MAINE.
That wasn't even funny mate.

Someone needs a lesson in satire methinks.

Maybe not, but it's accurate. I mean all you do is bitch and moan about race when in reality, the vast majority of the population, black and white, couldn't give a crap and just want you to shut-up and stop cherry-picking statistics.
Original post by Tai Ga
Must of been a thug. Shouldn't have been doing anything illegal in the first place. Obviously the cop must have felt threatened :h:

and freddie grey was a drug dealer, did he deserve to die "unarmed" because he was a thug too?
You're getting that wrong, son. Bigoted people care about pointing out unequal distributions which they can then circle a baying mob around and scream at society about just so they can project their prejudices and stir up division.

As I said, it's pretty easy for me to go and pick out an unequal distribution. More than half the Watford squad was black yesterday - look everyone, discrimination against the white folks!

If you want to exploit racism to project your own prejudices then perhaps you should go and join a community which is devoid of anyone with an ability to think critically?

Fortunately I am able to see an obvious form of racism reinforced by people with authority against a particular race.
Reply 26
Original post by quentinhamilton
Fortunately I am able to see an obvious form of racism reinforced by people with authority against a particular race.

Unfortunately you're unable to make sense of basic figures and tables.

Clearly obvious racism. Much in the same way an unequal distribution in favour of women is clearly 'discrimination against the mens!!!!!'

How about you grow up and stop searching for stats which confirm your own prejudices and realise the vast majority of the population just wants to get along without people like you bitching and moaning and being extra, extra sensitive every time you see a distribution which doesn't work in favour of your arbitrary skin colour?
Original post by josh_v
That table even has an explanation above it

An analysis of public records, local news reports and Guardian reporting found that 32% of black people killed by police in 2015 were unarmed, as were 25% of Hispanic and Latino people, compared with 15% of white people killed.

32% of black people killed by police were unarmed. That doesn't mean that 32% of people killed by police were black. These are two very different statements.

Though those stats are from January (the number of unarmed blacks killed have increased within the past few months), simply 32%+ unarmed shot among any race is bizarre.
Original post by josh_v
Unfortunately you're unable to make sense of basic figures and tables.

asfghj.png (figures of unarmed blacks shot have increased)
Reply 30
asfghj.png (figures of unarmed blacks shot have increased)

I dont know what you're trying to indicate by circling that.
probably cuz the white community in America aren't close, the don't really care about eachither and also aren't subjected to abuse and harassment from the police on a daily basis, so aren't identifying with this poor guy

RIP
I agree that there should have been more coverage on this, but you are completely missing the point. There have been more unarmed black people shot by the police than white, this very fact should tell you why people there is a commotion over the shooting of black citizens. It's disgusting how some black people are treated by the police in the states, and the people in this thread that are denying this fact and claiming it is unimportant disgust me.

I just want to make you all aware of a very important issue. There's a 'war on black people' in society. White people are actually hurting black people's feelings. I know, it's hard to believe, particularly in this day and age when we've seen a reduction in black people's feelings being hurt from 96% in 1915, to 0.3% today.

However, we're not doing enough. We can't do enough. Your donation, your generosity, could make the difference. All we're asking for is 2 minutes of your time and £5 per month, and we can finally end black people's hurt feelings forever.

Please, donate what you can. Thank you.

You are such an imbecile.
Original post by drowzee
I agree that there should have been more coverage on this, but you are completely missing the point. There have been more unarmed black people shot by the police than white, this very fact should tell you why people there is a commotion over the shooting of black citizens. It's disgusting how some black people are treated by the police in the states, and the people in this thread that are denying this fact and claiming it is unimportant disgust me.

You are such an imbecile.

Why? Because I refuse to subscribe to the religion of feelings which stipulates every time I see an unequal distribution of men and women, black people and white people, heterosexual people and homosexual people, it must mean there's 'discrimination/racism/sexism/misogyny/white privilege/male privilege' etc.?

Just to clarify, when we see that women are 80% of primary school teachers, does that mean there's discrimination against men in society?

No. If you subscribe to that crap then you are the imbecile, and one who likes to segment people into categories based on arbitrary features of their identity then play divide and rule with the population. Anyone can pick an unequal distribution and project it as a generalisation on hundreds of millions of people. It isn't hard.
(edited 8 years ago)
There's probably a reason why blacks are shot far more than whites.

I.e the simple reason that statistically, blacks are far more likely to commit crimes than whites. Thus, police naturally treat blacks as more violent and dangerous, and are consequently more likely to resort to deadly force. This is unfortunate, but also raises the questions of why blacks are so violent to begin with
Original post by Cristocracy
There's probably a reason why blacks are shot far more than whites.

I.e the simple reason that statistically, blacks are far more likely to commit crimes than whites. Thus, police naturally treat blacks as more violent and dangerous, and are consequently more likely to resort to deadly force. This is unfortunate, but also raises the questions of why blacks are so violent to begin with

That's an important point if anyone is going to argue about statistics.
Reply 36
To be honest, if it was up to libtards. We'd still be living in caves. White men invent and build stuff, libtards and feminists wail and shriek about bad white society is for blacks and women. The very society that affords them the ability to criticise from the comfort of their own homes ironically.
Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
When Blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-Blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the White rate.
The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is Black and Hispanic.
Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving Blacks and Whites, Blacks commit 85 percent and Whites commit 15 percent.
Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are Black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When Whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are Black

Wonder why you dont see Asians in the news for being shot whilst unarmed?

Source: Colour of crime
Original post by Cristocracy
Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
When Blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-Blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the White rate.
The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is Black and Hispanic.
Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving Blacks and Whites, Blacks commit 85 percent and Whites commit 15 percent.
Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are Black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When Whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are Black

Wonder why you dont see Asians in the news for being shot whilst unarmed?

Source: Colour of crime

Can I tell you something? They are never going to listen to you. You providing cherry-picked stats to counter their cherry-picked stats isn't suddenly going to make them think 'oh, wow - I didn't think about it that way!'

There's no point arguing with irrational or prejudiced people. They'll just drag you down to their level then beat with you with experience. They will do everything, anything, to confirm their own biases.
(edited 8 years ago)
Can I tell you something? They are never going to listen to you. You providing cherry-picked stats to counter their cherry-picked stats isn't suddenly going to make them think 'oh, wow - I didn't think about it that way!'

You can't rationalise with prejudice. They will do everything, anything, to confirm their own biases.

Except that I dont cherry pick. Just about every study done on this has suggested, to varying extents, that blacks commit the most crimes out of all races.

This is just sad, hard, fact unfortunately. No amount of gloss and sugar-coating can make this magically disappear

Latest

Trending

Trending