The Student Room Group

Most beautiful universities

I really want to apply to a beautiful uni. I'm going to be living there for 3 years, and I'd love to live in an amazing place, as currently where I live is shockingly boring!

Obviously this is secondary compared to the course and its reputation, But for me, this is important too, as an architecture fanatic and just an amazing place to escape and study

So which unis do you think are most beautiful, and why? For me it has to be Oxford, the honey coloured buildings are so rich and like heavy gold,
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Swansea
Surely it should be the course that is beautiful, no matter what the uni looks like?
Original post by Artfanatic
Surely it should be the course that is beautiful, no matter what the uni looks like?

I agree the course is by far the most important factor. But it's not the only factor

I wanted to make a more relaxed thread about unis :smile:
Leicester
Keele and Aberdeen have beautiful buildings and natural campuses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just gonna leave this here :colondollar:

[video="youtube;lqtPIf6Ftv4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqtPIf6Ftv4[/video]
Reading has a lovely campus shame about the town

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nottingham Uni campus is amazing, which is why I chose to go there. The main University Park campus is very well landscaped - lots of open grassy areas. :smile:
Exeter -
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/visit/campuses/streatham/

"The Streatham Campus, the University’s largest site in Exeter, is built around a country estate overlooking the city and is readily acknowledged as one of the most beautiful in the country.

A Registered Botanic Garden, Streatham Campus is described by The Times as the ‘best-gardened campus in Britain’ and by The Independent as having a ‘sublime’ setting. The grounds feature many exotic trees and shrubs and with stunning views across the city to the sea at Exmouth. Many students say they simply fell in love with the campus when they came to visit its lakes, parkland, woodland and gardens make it a very special place that offers a safe and enjoyable environment for study.

The campus has seen huge investment over the past couple of years, the most ambitious part of which is the Forum, which provides a stunning centrepiece, offering a new Student Services Centre, a refurbished library, new technology-rich learning spaces, a 400-seat lecture theatre, a new University reception and retail and catering outlets.

All the teaching buildings, together with the sports park, the library, the shops, restaurants, cafés and bars are within walking distance of each other."
Keele university has to be one of the most beautiful.

However, I also like Lancaster, Durham (City not Stockton), Oxford, Cambridge, Greenwich and Birmingham University

The telegraph also suggests some very nice looking universities:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/9523401/Britains-most-beautiful-universities.html
Bath Spa's campus is beyond beautiful.
Original post by angelfox
Swansea

Do you go there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lets be honest all the ones mentioned so far look **** in comparison to Glasgow. I mean come on, it basically looks like hogwarts...
Seconding University of Nottingham. I'm starting in September, I can't wait.

a-stgiles_nottingham_campus.jpg
Manchester
Original post by angelfox
Swansea

Reading is stunning laws quads it all so butifull
Reply 17

I always think that Warwick is v beaut, especially the humanities building
Royal Holloway tops my list.

founders.gif

Attachment not found

Quick Reply

Latest