The Student Room Group

I won't get a place in universities, complicated :/

I have a very complicated problem i need help in, I done BTEC health and social care Introductory diploma and CACHE Diploma. However, Ii will receive my Health and social care results but not CACHE since passed everything just the exam and my teacher said it doesnt matter what grade i get as long as I get an E will get an B overall or scrap of a A. So i will have to do the exam 22nd of September and get the results on 20th october. I contacted my firm Middlesex they sed because i dont have cache diploma they wont accept me and I think greenwhich would do the same thing. So I know for that will have to go through clearing but if i dont have my cache will i still be entered for clearing or not? I contacted other unis some send i should wait the results day, will i get a place realistically?

I currently have done 3 years in 6th form and I dont want to take a year out, i really wanna go university this year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FP1995
I have a very complicated problem i need help in, I done BTEC health and social care Introductory diploma and CACHE Diploma. However, Ii will receive my Health and social care results but not CACHE since passed everything just the exam and my teacher said it doesnt matter what grade i get as long as I get an E will get an B overall or scrap of a A. So i will have to do the exam 22nd of September and get the results on 20th october. I contacted my firm Middlesex they sed because i dont have cache diploma they wont accept me and I think greenwhich would do the same thing. So I know for that will have to go through clearing but if i dont have my cache will i still be entered for clearing or not? I contacted other unis some send i should wait the results day, will i get a place realistically?

I currently have done 3 years in 6th form and I dont want to take a year out, i really wanna go university this year.

Is it a level 3 extended btec diploma?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Is it a level 3 extended btec diploma?

No health and social care is introductory meaning equivalent to one a level and cache is national diploma meaning 2.5 a level.
Original post by FP1995
No health and social care is introductory meaning equivalent to one a level and cache is national diploma meaning 2.5 a level.

Then unless you can find somewhere that takes you with just one a level as you have to have met the grades when you apply,you might have to consider reapplying once your cache comes through. You said you ve been at college for 3 years did you study anything else at level 3 in that time ?What degree subject were you wanting to do ?
Reply 4
Then unless you can find somewhere that takes you with just one a level as you have to have met the grades when you apply,you might have to consider reapplying once your cache comes through. You said you ve been at college for 3 years did you study anything else at level 3 in that time ?What degree subject were you wanting to do ?

Psychology

I really wanna go to a good university, I had to change my course in first year because I failed, will unis even have spaces for psychology on the last day of clearing?

I will have to in private accommodation or will they have some space for halls of residence, i feel like crying now...

I will i have to pay when reapplying again?
Original post by FP1995
Psychology

I really wanna go to a good university, I had to change my course in first year because I failed, will unis even have spaces for psychology on the last day of clearing?

I will have to in private accommodation or will they have some space for halls of residence, i feel like crying now...

I will i have to pay when reapplying again?

All depends on how everybody did but clearing can fill up quite quickly. Yes it d be £23 to reapply. Have a look and see if you can find a foundation entry course for psychology at a uni somewhere and apply with the points just from the btec as there's no guarantee there ll be much left at the end of clearing I m afraid.
Reply 6
All depends on how everybody did but clearing can fill up quite quickly. Yes it d be £23 to reapply. Have a look and see if you can find a foundation entry course for psychology at a uni somewhere and apply with the points just from the btec as there's no guarantee there ll be much left at the end of clearing I m afraid.

When is the time that clearing usually full up?

If I reapplied in october would all the space for psychology be gone?

Is psychology popular in clearing or not?

Sorry for the questions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FP1995
When is the time that clearing usually full up?

If I reapplied in october would all the space for psychology be packed?

Is psychology popular in clearing or not?

Sorry for the questions.

Well clearing could fill up in the first few days after a level results so there might not be much choice left the longer you leave it.
Well if you apply again for 2016 entry and do it October/November then can't see any worries. I ve no idea how popular psychology is to be honest. But I think you need to chose between trying for foundation entry or going next year I m sorry.
(edited 8 years ago)
To be honest your only option will be to reapply for 2016 entry. The reason for this is that by 20th October all the universities will have started teaching weeks ago, and they won't let someone start late, as missing that much teaching would be setting you up to fail your January exams, which wouldn't be fair on you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FP1995

did. Afraid I agree with Origami Bullets, if you won't get the results of your exam until the 20th October I can't see how you can start uni this year- thats a month after many unis start and they are unlikely to take you on with exam results still pending
Reply 10
Original post by jelly1000
did. Afraid I agree with Origami Bullets, if you won't get the results of your exam until the 20th October I can't see how you can start uni this year- thats a month after many unis start and they are unlikely to take you on with exam results still pending

Okay, how come the ucas deadline for clearing is the 21st October?
Original post by FP1995
Okay, how come the ucas deadline for clearing is the 21st October?

I can't say that I was privy to UCAS's decision making process, but I would imagine that it is timed to
a) not close before the last date at which universities would accept students
b) reflect the fact that a small minority of courses have January and March intakes (usually nursing courses)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FP1995

I really hope things are going well with you now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending